rental cars in Southern Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to Spain and will be renting a car to travel in Seville and the White Towns and over to Granada before returning the car and flying home from Malaga. I would welcome any experiences and/or recommendations concerning rental companies.

Thanks,
George
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM

I would say the car rental companies are six of one, half a dozen of another. We rent based on the best rental rate. Auto Europe tends to be very competitive, but it all depends on the number of days you need the car and the type of car. You should check at least three agencies before deciding.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 11:34 PM

if renting from seville airport, beware if you book with holiday autos as they do not have a desk. Holiday autos insist they advised me which desk to go to (they did not) so i had to go from desk to desk asking if they had a car for me. Fortunately the second desk did but it could have been a long job as there quite a few queues. I would not advise driving in seville, a lot of traffic everywhere but good public transport and most things in walking distance. While in the seville area do not miss out going to cordoba, about 30mins from seville airport. A drink on the balcony/terrace of the parador is not to be missed. You can see for miles.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM

oopppps for cordoba read carmona, cordoba is much further away, must have just had a senior moment then
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 12:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We got a terrific deal through our airline [monarch] when we flew into Malaga. The downside was that everyone else had done the same thing and the queue at that desk [hidden under the airport] was horrendous.
might be worth looking at their website!
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 10:29 AM

I have used Hertz for years, with no problems. I hope you didn't really mean "travel IN Seville". Please pick up the car at the railway station or the airport as you leave Seville!

As with any rental in Europe, make sure any damage, even minor dings, is documented before you take the car.
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 06:06 AM

Forget the rest, use Skycars, I have priced the lot, and they win hands down. My wife an I have used Skycars to book rental cars here in Spain several times. We get a car from Europcar outlets but approx. 20 euro per day cheaper. The service from Europcar and Skycars is excellent, the staff at Europcar speak good English.

Check this link www.skycars.com
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM

We were in Spain last month and did almost the reverse of your trip. We picked up a car in Granada from Avis at the train station and drove to Ronda and the White Towns for a few days before dropping it off in Seville at the train station. The car was great, the price was good and the Avis locations were easy to get to and from. Based on my experience, I would recommend Avis.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 08:01 PM

We used www.hispacar.com. We picked up the car at the Malaga airport and returned it to Sevilla. The price was less than any other rental car agency.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM

We've been very happy with Auto Europe and have found that they will match the lowest quotes from other companies. Last time we rented from them I got a low quote from Novarentcar.com and they matched it. Never tried skycars or hispacar, but will probably check them out too and see if Auto Europe will match the price again.