Reload this Page >

Relais Bosquet or La Bourdonnais?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:43 PM
Mano

<BR>We are going to Paris for our first time this may. I am trying to decide between Relais Bosquet or La Bourdonnais in the 7th. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 11:39 PM
btilke

A friend who stayed at both hotels said the Bourdonnais was much better. I have stayed at the Bourdonnais, and liked it, BUT there are are a few caveats. <BR>First, you MUST reserve a street view room. The rooms in the back are smaller, darker, and can be stuffy and noisy. The decor could use updating, it's a rather drab tan/brown/green scheme. Nonetheless, we were comfortable there and our room (304) had a great view of the Eiffel Tower. <BR>Btilke

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 04:06 AM
Judy

Hello Mano, our dear friends have stayed Relais Bosquet 3 times, and would not think of staying elsewhere! I like try differant hotels, but they insist that the Relais has everything they want: large bed(king) decent furnishings and most importantly to them, very competant and caring management. <BR>FYI, Judy

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 06:39 AM
Lori

We will be staying at the Relais Bosquet in the 7th arr. next month and they have been extremely helpful in answering questions about room size, etc. (Of couse it probably does not hurt that we speak French too), altho e-mails has been primarily in English. We have reserved, based on what they told us, one of their large rooms (which I imagine is still not huge, but they assured me we would have room to walk around in!). I booked it 9 months ago and they are still honoring the 2000 rates for us even tho they have increased slightly for 2001. We've been to Paris many times and stayed in many places, so we know most rooms are small-ish, we shall just wait and see how this works out size-wise. I will post when we get back about it tho. Frederique is the person I've been dealing with and again, she could not be more helpful and prompt in answering inquiries. The location is great too by the way, right by Rue Cler and a short walk to Ecole Militaire Metro station. You can walk to the Eiffel Tower as well.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:56 AM
Austin

<BR>Mano--- <BR> <BR>I have stayed at both and prefer the Bosquet hands down. <BR>The rooms are big especially if you spring for a few more francs and get the superior room. <BR>La Bourdannais fixed up its lobby a few years back but the rooms which needed rennovation 20 years ago still have not been touched. <BR> <BR>AH

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:48 PM
topper

To the top for Mano

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:38 PM
sandra

we were at the bourdonnais in november and they were fixing up the rooms. we liked it and it was a great location service good, always got us taxis for our evenioings out, when askes they will give you a free night for every four you pay for so it is economical for the room size and location. we had a room with 2 queen beds, huge bath and seperate water closet.but our room had no mini bar as was stated it would, cable was lousy . but atm next door, metro 5 feet away and view of the eiffel tower was great.