Reload this Page >

Sixt car rental co.

Search

Sixt car rental co.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:22 AM
Mode

Sixt car rental co.

We've decided to brave driving out of Paris to Loire and Normandy and back to Paris. A company by the name of Sixt was mentioned in a United Airline flyer we received. They are associated wit Dollar Rent-A-Car in U.S. Their wedsite is fairly impressive. I think the company may be German. They were considerably less than Hertz, Avis and Budget, even after VAT and insurance was added. Anyone ever rented from Sixt or know about them?

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:28 AM
stacey

I've used them out of Frankfurt in Germany. Can't tell you much, but I didn't have any problems.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:50 AM
xxx

I rented a car from them about a year and a half ago in Italy. I had many problems including: <BR>I reserved the car for downtown Bologna but there were no cars available let alone the one I had reserved. I had to pay for a cab to the airport where they had a car although it was a smaller station wagon whereas I was suppost to get an Opel Omega. I declined the CDW but was later billed for it anyway. I was billed for the 12% airport tax also. <BR>I protested the charges through my credit card company and after many letters, phone calls, etc. I got some, but not all, of the additional charges revoked. Never again will I rent with them. I have generally had good experience with Autoeurope and Hertz and have been sticking with them.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 10:15 AM
Patrick

I too generally rent through Autoeurope and have always been happy with them. Oddly enought the car I rented through them in Turkey was actually via Sixt. We picked it up at the Sixt office. Had no problems with them, but of course, we were dealing with Autoeurope. Actually the first car we got from them had a lot of mileage on it and when we got outside the city limits the guage showed it as overheating. At a service station we ended up calling the Sixt office. To make a long story short, they drove a replacement car out to us at that service station and we were on our way again.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:30 PM
the turnip

We have rented from Sixt threeor four times and have had nothing but great success with them. Their prices were excellent, the service quick and friendly and the auto's just as advertised. <BR> <BR>I'd use them again in a second. <BR> <BR>Cheers, the turnip

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:05 PM
Milo

I rented them once out Shannon Irland (A mini bus) and had no problems. Thought I was getting a mini van (but did order the mini bus Ford Transit -- what the priest was driving in Waking Ned Devine same color too). At first wanted to turn it back in because of the size and Irelands roads, but was glad I kept it since we could pack all the relatives off in one car to the pubs.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:40 PM
andrea

i normally use auto-europe or kemwell--both good--have fun!