Search

Reims Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 08:16 PM
cher4travel

Reims Hotel

Can anyone recommend a "nice" hotel in Reims or Epernay for a night or two, while sipping champagne...would like to know some suggestions<BR><BR>Thank you

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Betsy

Cher<BR><BR>Try http://www.logis-de-france.fr/us/<BR><BR>We've stayed in several of these properties and have had good experiences.<BR><BR>Bon voyage

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 08:56 AM
s

cher4:<BR>While I haven't visited these hotels, they were my picks when I was planning to visit the Champagne region this May:<BR>Reims: Gerard Boyer (www.gerardboyer.com, a Relais &amp; Chateaux property);<BR>Epernay (nearby): Hostellerie La Briqueterie;<BR>L'Epine (nearby Chalons): Aux Armes de Champagne (www.auxarmesdechampagne.com);<BR>Fere-en-Tendenois (sp? -- west of Reims): Chateau de Fere.<BR><BR>I'm sure you can get great &amp; detailed information about these places with a search here or at your favorite search engine!<BR><BR>BTW, I e-mailed the tourist office of Epernay and received a huge info packet in the mail. They were great!<BR><BR>Have a great time.<BR><BR>s

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Mike

Reinforcing s ...<BR><BR>I have never heard anything but glowing reports of Les Crayeres (Gerard Boyer). It is expensive, but I have heard it described as a bargain - some business hotels cost more! It's had all the top accolades from Michelin and Gault Millau for years. Also, I read one review that suggested that you can get privileged access to some of the Champagne houses if you arrange the tour with the hotel - it is so famous and celebrated that normal "rules" are not always applied!<BR><BR>Do let us know how it was if you decide to go.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Libbie

Betsy, <BR><BR>Have you actually used any of the hotels listed at http://www.logis-de-france.fr/us/index.htm? The prices are so low -- should I be afraid of them, or rejoicing because I've found them?

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Lori

Les Crayeres is absolutely the best hotel/restaurant in Reims. Gorgeous grounds, wonderful staff, and probably the best dining experience I have ever had! Tours can be arranged through the hotel for several of the champagne houses that are appointment only including Roederer, Bollinger, and Krug.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Christina

I haven't been there but have recently booked a 3 cheminee Logis-de-France hotel in Provence, and from perusing their hotels (including info on them at other sites) and others, I do not find them underpriced. They are not deluxe places, but are marked by their star ratings, but a modest 3-star hotel is not luxury, and a 2-star definitely is not. Those hotels in Reims are a little cheap (around 300F?), I would be leery of a hotel less than 500F for a 3-star, but be aware that hotels are a lot cheaper outside Paris, even in the larger cities like Nice, so that's part of the issue (maybe about 200F per night cheaper). Also, I think their website is a little outdated and that they state that somewhere on there, I recall the prices were maybe 4 years out of date, not sure. I booked one in Provence that was listed at 350-400F, I think, and the true current room rate was 440F. The French hotel system star ratings are generally a pretty good guide. If you want a "nice" hotel, I would not go below three-star, but I don't think the Logis assn has four-star hotels, they are more modest.