Reload this Page >

Red light district

Search

Red light district

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Steve

Red light district

I'll be visiting Amsterdam next weekend and does anyone know if the ladies of the night accept credit cards? And what are there rates?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:32 PM
meredith

Steve, I assume by ladies of the night you mean the bag ladies you'll encounter on the street on your way back to the hotel. That is so kind of you to remember them while you're traveling. They'd be thrilled if you wanted to give them your credit card!! You just really want to make their world a better place, don't you. Wow, you really are generous Steve!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:47 PM
xxx

"Ladies of the night"??? What planet are you from? Obviously you are a troll. No one considering the services of a prostitute would use that term.<BR>But yes most do accept credit cards and you pay for the services you negotiate for. Nothing will happen until a price is agreed upon. It could range from 10 Euros to 1000 or even more.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:52 PM
meredith

xxx- you really live up to your name! now tell me, just how would you happen to be so familiar with the price range of such services?? hmmmmm?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Grasshopper

Meridith, I think you are being a little pejorative here. After visiting Amsterdam last year and walking through the Red Light District I was incredibly intrigued by all of it. It's so openly accepted, so legal and so in your face. There were hundreds of girls and they were beautiful and I really wanted to know what made them go into that profession and what they liked and hated about it. I found this website with a discussion board that answered some of my questions. There are "trip reports" of a sort posted. <BR><BR>http://www.ignatzmice.com/Adam/framed2.htm<BR><BR>All just part of the culture of another country.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:18 PM
meredith

Grasshopper,<BR>Yep, I guess you're right. I'm sure the prostitution over there must certainly be more intriguing and therefore justified because, like you say, it's all part of the culture. I bet the prostitution is so much more sophisticated over there. See, that's the great thing about Europe, isn't it. It's a different culture. You just get to go ahead and fall right off that danged moral bandwagon...and it's OK...you can just call it a "cultural experience"!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Grasshopper

Meridith, I didn't say I would ever use the services of a girl in the RLD (I'm a woman for pete's sake). But I have to wonder if you have ever been to Amsterdam. And I didn't say I thought the Dutch were correct in making prostitution legal. So before you accuse me of falling off any moral bandwagons, I have to ask if you've ever BEEN to Amsterdam. If you haven't, then I can understand that you don't have a clue what the RLD is like, or the "coffee shops" or the "sex museums" or the shops in the area. It's a very different world. Certainly not for someone who thinks that travel and cultural curiosity is only for things one approves of.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:23 PM
yyy

I've seen those 'trip reports' and 'field report' sites and it hearkens to mind the days of the slave trade, when people were evaluated as meat.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:46 PM
CLayton

Dear Steve, You really should stay away from these places. Dont give into this temptation. Ask the Lord for strength.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:09 PM
xxx

Meredith asks how I am so familiar with the prices. The answer is simple. I have used their services several times. I see nothing wrong with that considering it is part of the Amsterdam culture and "controlled" indirectly by the government. I am not slamming anyone else for doing so either. I was just poking fun of the troll who obviously was trying to stir something up rather than actually use the services. If he had ever or was intererested in ever using a prostitute (yes, I know I said "using") then he wouldn't have used such archaic terminology.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Clayton W

Meredith! Shame on you! Get back to the beach and read your bible. Don't chat with this sinner!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Read

www.midhnottsol.org/fow/index.html

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Leslie

Whether someone uses the services of a woman in the RDL or not, I'm actually curious why someone would want to use their credit card to charge for these services? Are you looking for extra frequent flyer miles if your credit card has that incentive, or might you want to contest the charge with your credit card company later? Are you looking for a 1-2% credit back if you use your Discover Card?<BR><BR>I'm really just curious.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Capo

Here we go again...<BR><BR>Meredith, we all see morality differently. There are people who see any kind of sex outside of marriage -- paid for or not -- as immoral. There are people who see certain sexual activities -- even between married straight people -- as immoral. There are people who see sexual relationships between people of the same sex as immoral. There are people who see toplessness on beaches as immoral. In fact, when it comes to human sexuality, there's probably not anything that someone, somewhere, doesn't find immoral.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:18 PM
x

capo are you volunteering your gf for the RL district (the one in the photo with you at the gtg)

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:26 PM
yyy

Capo, should your corpse turn up one dark and stormy night, perhaps the defendant of your murderer will say, now, now, we all see morality differently...

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Capo

But we do see morality differently when it comes to murder as well, including mass murder. <BR><BR>Many Americans, for example, feel it's OK for the state to murder someone who has committed a murder. <BR><BR>The U.S. government felt it was OK to murder thousands and thousands of Japanese civilians in order to bring a quick end to the war with Japan, thereby saving the lives of thousands of American soldiers who would've certainly died in an invasion of Japan.<BR><BR>x, my gf makes her own decisions about what to do with her life. And I think all people, men and women, should have that ability, as long as it doesn't involve doing anything to someone without their consent. <BR><BR>Unlike the U.S., the Netherlands is mature enough to realize that making so-called vices criminal offenses doesn't make them go away. It just drives them underground. In the case of prostitution in the Netherlands, a Dutch cop put it very well, "Here we protect these women. Over in your country [the U.S.] you harass them and arrest them." <BR><BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:05 PM
xxx

Leslie, welcome to the Fodors Website. Obviously you have never been here, and apparently never traveled before, or you would know that using a credit card is the best way to charge or pay for anything in Europe. You get the best exchange rate. If you'd use the charge card for other purposes, why wouldn't you use it for prostitution as well? Why would you want to exchange cash and lose money in the transaction. Are you just trying to be overly moralistic here, or are you really that stupid?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:47 PM
x

ok capo tell her the offer is $10 and you and her can discuss your commission

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Chica aka gf

$10? If you were to add several zeros (and you don't count) to that, we can talk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -