Recommendations/Photos from June Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We traveled in Italy and Spain for 6 weeks with our 5-year-old grandson in May and June. I have just added trip highlights, photos, recommendations and tips for traveling with a small child to my personal travels website. If you go here, I hope you enjoy it. Would love to read your comments in my guestbook. http://www.janeandken.com/Italy2003/Italy2003.html

Old Jul 26th, 2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks, some very nice photos. Is that "Bologna-Cathedral Square" photo tinted? The building in the background -- on my monitor anyway -- has these very cool pastel colors.

I love Arezzo's Piazza Grande! Did you make it to the nearby park, above Piazza Grande? I really liked that as well.

What did you think of Cortona? We loved it.

Nice phrases on your home page. Those cypress trees lining the hills of Tuscany do look like sentinels, don't they?
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM

What a lovely website! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Capo--you are observant! Yes, the photo in Bologna does have some editing done on it. It was so dark and then I got carried away with the color enhancement. Yes, we like Cortona but I suspect it was much more charming before "Under the Tuscan Sun." We were at the park above the Piazza in Arezzo before but not this time as we were really on our way someplace else when we stopped in Arezzo for a quick lunch.Thanks for the nice words about the descriptions--hopefully they help relate the specialness of Italy and,especially Tuscany; although we also find great enjoyment along the
Almafi Coast.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:33 AM

Jane,
Thank you for posting your website address, I loved it! One question..When I go to view the guestbook some of the entries are cut off...Do you get to see the whole thing when you go read the responses, or do you see what we see. I had some questions, but it looks like they were lost in cyberspace...
Thanks again...
DebiC
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:44 AM

Jane,

Thanks for posting your pictures.

Having recently been to ..Montepulciano, Pienza and Cortona....it was a treat seeing the towns through "another person's eyes"
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Debi-I only see what you see--unfortunately the program does not allow me to enlarge the comment boxes. Feel free to e-mail your questions. I enjoy helping fellow travelers as I have received so much help from others. My e-mail address is on all the webpages. [email protected] I am so pleased you enjoyed the pages. I will answer the questions you asked in the guestbook directly to your e-mail address.
Dick, yes, it is fun to view from someone else's eyes. Did we see the same thing?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:05 AM

Thanks, Jane. I like what you did with that Bologna photo.

Having not been to Cortona prior to "Under the Tuscan Sun" I have no way of knowing whether it was any more charming then. All I know is that both of us found it charming, and picturesque, as it is today.

I've only spent a little over a day on the Sorrentino Peninsula but we managed to make it to the Amalfi Coast, with brief stops in Positano and Amalfi, and loved that part of Italy as well.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:14 AM

Get message that Netscape is unable to
find the server! Why are others able to
view your photos and not me!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:54 PM

Hi Jane,

Loved your comments and advice about travelling with a child. Our son is four and we've been here in Europe for three years now, and I can say that I agree with every one of your suggestions. Also, the photo of Casey on the floor watching the laundry go around and around just cracked me up! At one time or another I think everyone in our family, including the cat and dogs, has done the same thing. Such a relaxing, mesmerizing past-time!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:37 AM

Jane...some things we saw the same...some we saw slightly different....and some things different altogether.

That's the beauty of taking pics.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

Oberost, I don't know why the site does not open well with Netscape but sometimes I am told that. Try opening with IE if you can. If anyone out there knows why Netscape doesn't work, would love to know the answer.
Sardog, yes--I, too, love the picture with the washing machine. Too funny!
Everyone, thanks for the kind words.