Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Venice and Berlin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 05:53 PM
Mary Piazza

My husband and I will be in Venice and Berlin for approximately 5 days each late May, early June. Looking for recommendations for good hotels and restaurants. We want a really nice hotel in both cities - perfer the Eastern section of Berlin and in Venice prefer to be away from the crowds in San Marco. Also looking for restaurants with good food and no tourists - don't have to be fancy; in fact we prefer bistro type places. Would love to hear from anyone who has been to Berlin or Venice lately!

Old Feb 21st, 1998, 04:55 PM
Roxanne Nelson

The Adlon Hotel has just been reopened in Berlin. It was a hot spot in the pre-war era, probably the most elegant place to stay. A fire destroyed it after the war, but now it has been returned to its glory. If you want fancy, this is it.

Old Feb 21st, 1998, 04:56 PM
Roxanne Nelson

The Adlon Hotel has just been reopened in Berlin. It was a hot spot in the pre-war era, probably the most elegant place to stay. A fire destroyed it after the war, but now it has been returned to its glory. If you want fancy, this is it.

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 12:24 AM
joelle

Regarding Venice, some of the great hotels are the Luna (near San Marco), the Londra Palace (on the lagoon), Metropole hotel (same type of location). We are going again soon to Venice and we'll try the Giorgione hotel (near Rialto bridge) and the Europa & Regina. One more piece of information: hotels will be extremely expensive in end of May/early June (definitely high season for Venice). Some of them do have web sites or e-mail addresses. Just e-mail me if you want more details.

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 07:34 PM
Judi

I second a previous recommendation on the
Luna Baglioni in Venice. Beautiful hotel,
outstanding rooms with huge bathrooms,
and wonderful service! While it's only a
few blocks behind the Piazza San Marco,
there's no noise or disturbance.

[email protected]

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 08:23 PM
Charles

I have stayed in venice for 8 months in the past two years for business. Stayed in an apartment an my best advice is to visit Venice but not to stay ot eat there. Prices are excessive although there are some good restaurants but they are hard to find.
Decent hotels you can find in marghera or mestre, two cities approx 4 miles from down town Venice.
If you have any more specific questions, please send them to [email protected]
Enjoy, you picked the right time of year as Julu and August are too hot and to busy