Recommendations for places to stay in Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending 3-4 days in Tuscany this July during an Italy trip. We have 3 nights in Florence, then 2-3 nights in Venice. Looking for input on inexpensive inns or B & B's (less than 100 Euro/night)that anyone has enjoyed. We are open to suggestions regarding what towns to visit, but are thinking of Lucca or Siena or Chianti areas. We will have a car, so staying in one place and visiting around several towns is an option. We are not looking for fancy, just clean and comfortable. Would also be interested in recommendations for Venice for same. Or Padua with day trip into Venice?
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 06:35 AM

mktopks -

Lots of people will recommend searching historical threads for more information. I stayed at Hotel Alessandra in Florence and it was great. Rehabbed 15th century palazzo, decent rates but may be more than you're willing to pay, though - 135 euro I believe.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 06:38 AM

Check previous posts by "Willtravel". He or she just got back from a budget trip to Florence, Venice, and Rome. The travel report posted yesterday-- most of the places he or she stayed were well under $100/night.

Good luck!
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 07:10 AM

In Tuscany, I would suggest Il Giglio in Montalcino. It is a small hotel in the center of town, within walking distance to nice restaurants and the Fortezza. Across the street is Palazzo Cesira which has been mentioned here as comfortable and the owners are super nice.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:01 AM

We stayed in San Gimignano (not very far from Siena) for 4 days. The restaurants were so cheap, we ate and drank like champs. Chianti is plentiful there. We didn't want to leave. We stayed at Hotel L'Antico Pozzo and were very pleased with our accommodations. S.G. is small, so no hotel within the walls is inconvenient.