Recommend a hotel in Segovia?

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 12:37 AM
anthony

Recommend a hotel in Segovia?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Segovia?
I heard the aqueduct? hotel near the roman aqueducts is nice.
I'd really appreciate some comments from all the experienced travellers out there.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 06:59 AM
ralf

Hi Anthony,
you should stay at the parador of segovia. It's a large hotel with an outstandig view over the old town from just every room and the terasses; large outdoor-pool und a small recreation-area inside.
But other places are of more interest: Avila with an lovely parador and Salamanca, in my opinion one of the most beautiful towns in spain. It will be the european cultural town in 2002 and the centre has been buildt up wonderfully, especially the plaza mayor (try the tapas at the cafe royal!).
Sorry for my English-

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 07:42 AM
topper

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 07:30 AM
Antonio Banderas

I just got back after staying at the Parador in Segovia. Very nice view of Segovia, espcially at night, BUT the down side is that its up on the mountain away from the center of the city. You basically need a cab back and forth. Try staying in town which makes for better coordinating your excursions during the day. Have dinner at the parador to catch a glimpse of the view.
Also September it was pretty cold so dress appropriatly.

-Antonio

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 09:50 AM
Maira

Anthony--- I have two suggestions in two price ranges:

- The Hotel Los Linajes is a three star hotel situated inside the old city walls of Segovia. It has been very recommended on this forum. There are pictures out of the hotelcity. com site. This hotel is actually part of the Estancias group; sort of a Parador type of lodging (historical setting; 11th century mansion). About $100/double.

- I stayed at Hostal Plaza; about $35/double. I usually pay more for hotels; the location of this hotel is prime. Walking distance to Aqueduct, Plaza, Cathedral, restaurants, Alcazar. Very quiet at night. Very basic, but clean, comfortable, we even had a small balcony. I still can't get over the price!

You are going to one of my all-time favorite cities! The Plaza is a small square, but it happens to be where Queen Isabella was crowned. Amazing bits of history in every corner. The Aqueduct blew me away.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:33 PM
Maira

Dave, I thought I had posted info on Hostal Plaza and found the message dating back to Sept 2000. Topped for your info. BTW, I have only read glowing reviews of Hotel Los Linajes.

I strongly recommend Hostal Plaza (at Cronista Lecea, 11) to anybody going to Segovia on a budget; at $35/double it was an amazing deal. Walking distance to the Aqueduct, Plaza Reina Isabel, gorgeous Romanesque churches, great restaurants (the one across the street is fabulous). I actually enjoyed a good meal at Candido's (touristy, but you have to see the place, is more a museum than a dining place). Another great meal at Duque (delicious roasted meats; Calle Cervantes, 12).

You are going to one of my all-time favorite cities in teh world. I am sooo jealous!!! Have a great time!!!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:31 PM
CathyM

Dave - I highly recommend the Hotel Infanta Isabel. It is on the Plaza Mayor - best location in town. It was 19800 for BOTH nights in a double room. I requested a view of the cathedral and our room overlooked the Plaza Mayor with an incredible cathedral view. Service was excellent and it was just charming. The decor was Victorian and the room was a good size. We even received little blue sponge shower shoes - just a little added touch. If you're interested in this hotel, I can give you the room number we had so you can request it.