Recent Paris Trip

Search

Recent Paris Trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent Paris Trip

Stayed at Marriott Champs all of last week. Best part was didn't cost a dime using incentive points. I can't find one reason why someone wouldn't like this place. Location was perfect right on Champs, 1/2 block to metro stop, 4 blocks to Arc and plenty of eating and bars around. Monoprix 1/2 block has groceries down stairs..use your balcony as a refrigerator this time of year...wine cheese, more wine, bottled water, you get the drift. Of course I was staying in a US500/night room for free so maybe i am biased but if you require an american style room with excellant service this is your place, breakfast was included in my deal which was buffet americn style with fruits and eggs, bacons, cheeses, etc which cost 16 euro perperson if you are paying. I personlly would go elsewhere and eat lighter if i was paying but we ate huge breakfast and less for lunch. Exchange rate is a killer as we all know and paris prices are high anyway so i encourage everyone to shop very carefully for your lunches and dinners. its very difficult to get a bad meal in paris so why spend a fortune. The restarants, cafes, etc all have menus in front so take a look at the prices and meals and move on..we usually looked at 10 places for dinner before settling plus we get to exp[lore. Best dinners we had were under 20 euros..worst dinner we had was 40 euros per person. Also, get your wine in pichet(pitcher) bottles will eat you alive and very few people could tell the difference what comes from a bottle and what comes from a pitcher. Buy a metro pass and don;t step one foot in a cab and get a museum pass and enjoy. Dont be loud and learn the basics , Bon Jour, Merci, say vu play(please) and you are ready to go nad you wont get any attitude and dont be a complainer...if you order and it isnt exactly what you wanted well eat or drink it and enjoy unless if you order chicken and they bring you fish. any questions send me email to [email protected]. FYI, air france bus is the way to go..gets you there just as fast as taxi and round trip is 18 euros or 24 usd. champs is absolutely awesome now with christmas lights up..montmarte is great with no tourists right now..we had the run of the place last friday night..go to top and walk down to moulin rogue stopping in for wine at the cafes allt he way down..what a joy to hang with the french and feel a part of their world and not hear any english. Wewaited 10 minutes to go up in eiffel no line at louvre or anywhere else..sit outside under the heat lamps at the cafes...other than missing the flowers which i can see in pictures we easily covered three times as much ground this time of year than someone could in the summer because of lines.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Original Poster

should have said walk down to moulin rogue area..we didnt go in nor did we want to..area is seedy but worht checking out and there is a metro stop right there to get you out.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 06:01 AM

So - you didn't find anything objectionable about your $500 room, huh?

Gee, I wonder why...
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 07:07 AM

Sweet deal! I think its lovely time to visit Paris.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Pillows were a bit lumpy in my 500/night room but other than that. I thinks taying down by the Latin Quarter would be da bomb.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM

Enjoyed the succinctness of your report. Sometimes the food descriptions are more than I want to know.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 02:55 PM

Jfaul,
Thanks for reporting! Glad you had a good time!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Paris in the winter-- it sounds like a great way to avoid the crowds.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM

"Also, get your wine in pichet(pitcher) bottles will eat you alive and very few people could tell the difference what comes from a bottle "

Nay, nay, nay, have to disagree with you there. My husband asked for the house pinot, which he disliked, then asked for the house merlot, tasted the same. BIG difference between bottle and pitchers brother.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Thanks for your trip report. We stayed at the Marriott for rewards for a week as well (in Spring) and loved it.