Search

re: Trip photos...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Trip photos...

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your help on our trip. We had a fantastic time & a lot of my help came from Fodorites.

We were in Europe from May 19 - June 9th. London for a week, Paris for 9 days,the Cotswolds (Stayed in Chipping Campden) for 4 days, then Windsor for 2 days.

If you would like to view our photos, you can find them on ofoto.com at:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...0tofc&Ux=1

Again, thanks so much for the help!

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Katie, thank you. You captured the flavor of everywhere you went and you, two looked like you had fun, a refreshing look at a couple having fun. My friends in London drove me to the Cotswold and one stop was the miniture city in Bourton-on-the-water.
Happy Anniversary.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM

WOW!

Really nice pics!! Especially like some of the captions--good sense of humor!

Well done
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM

I had such fun looking! Veuve Cliquot...I agree with the hydrating.

Thank you and your beau for sharing these!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:04 PM

Very nice pics...looks like you had a great vacation.

thanks for sharing them
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:08 PM

KT! Loved your pictures! You both must be good cooks..your starter looked sensational!

The gilded Dome is Dome Church..Napoleon's tomb..at Invalides

Where did you rent your London apt...looked great!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Wow, I'm glad you're all enjoying the photos.

Jody - Thanks for reminding me that the gold dome was Invalides.

Also, we rented our flat through "A Place Like Home." I worked with Sarah, but everyone was great.

One other note, we used Ray Skinner's car service a few times (I think 3). Ray was great! Couldn't have been nicer, more helpful, more courteous... I told him I got his name from Fodor's. He was really appreciative of all the recommendaions, but had never read them.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:59 PM

Katie, your pictures are great! I'm reliving my last trip to London, and slightly jealous that my trip was so gray and cold while you had a blue sky. (-; BTW-The picture you have of the "London Bridge" is actually the Tower Bridge. The London Bridge is a bit further away and pretty plain, the orginial having been dismantled and sold. at least, that's what someone told me.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Susanteach:
YOU'RE RIGHT! A big OOPS! Thanks for correcting me. I'll make the change on the site.

In London, we had all kinds of weather. It did rain a fair amount. I have to say though, at Stonehenge, we had ideal weather. Several other locations too. Shoot, who cared? We were in London!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 02:13 PM
MNP

Oh my, what lovely picture! I enjoyed flipping through them all!! You guys look like you have a wonderful time together and are always having fun!! I also love all the wine in the pictures...made me thristy ...
oh and "Surfer dude" cracked me up!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:02 PM

Beautiful photos! Reminds me of our travels to England and Paris-definitely brings back great memories and makes me want to go back!

Glad you had a wonderful vacation.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM
claude315

Hi Katiebug

Would you be kind enough to give me a tip about viewing your photos?? I cannot seem to access them and as I was in Paris around the same time, I would love to see them.

Thanks.

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Hmmm. I'll assume you already tried cutting & pasting the url into your browser. No? Let me know & I'll see what else we can try.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:30 PM
claude315

Thank you Katie! I am embarrassed to say I had no idea how to copy and paste. Looked up a computer tips site and voila!!! ( Middle-aged computer novice.)

Your photos are wonderful and brought many nostalgic smiles. I was equally enchanted the first time I saw la Tour Eiffel!

I hope you didnt attempt those stairs to your apartment fully rehydrated! Ooh la la!!

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

claude315,

Glad you figured it out. I wasn't sure if I had blocked it somehow, inadvertantly. Also glad you enjoyed the photos. It's nice for me to share them with people who aren't yawning.

As for those stairs... I never attempted them. Too creepy. We were in what the manager referred to as "the bowels of the building." She wasn't kidding! It used to be the servent's quarters. I was so afraid I had made a huge mistake when I got off the elevator the first time (alone). If I had seen those photos, I don't think I would have rented the flat. However, once we got inside, it was really nice, with a great view & a great location. Anyhow, I do believe my husband walked those stairs "fully hydrated" several times. Then he needed to rehydrate again at the top!

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Such wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM

Thanks for sharing. The two of you appear to be having such a wonderful, fun time.

I was in London, Paris and the Cotswolds May 16-29. The photos brought back memories -- of course, the trip was so recent, I think of it every day!

The beautiful building you photographed in Paris is at 29 Rapp Avenue. I also took photos of it. It's not exactly on everyone's radar, so I'm glad you found it.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

luvtotravel:

Thanks for confirming my guess that that entry was on Rapp. The whole building was beautiful. Do you happen to know what it is? Just residence? If so, WOW!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 08:24 AM
lyb

Katiebug,

great photos and great fun to look at...isn't dehydration an awful thing...I'm so glad you were careful and made you sure you kept hydrated.

I also want to thank you for making me excited about my upcoming trip to Paris (3 months from tomorrow), for some reason, I was starting to lose enthusiasm, but seeing your pictures of Paris brought it back.

Also, seeing your pictures of London brought back great memories of my trip to London last fall.

You and your husband do seem to be a fun duo -- which is wonderful to see!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM

Your photos are wonderful and brought back wonderful memories of London and Paris. We were in Paris the first week in June, when it was cool, thank goodness. We seemed to walk miles each day and I never would have made it in the heat.

You two look so happy and so in love. I loved the captions - my kind of humor.

Thanks for the pleasure.

Ellie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -