Search

Ray's Transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray's Transfers

After reading recommendations on this and other boards, we decided to go with Ray's Transfers for our airport pickup and return. I am so glad we did. When we arrived at Gatwick. the wait for immigration was an hour and a half. My husband said "no way anyone is waiting this long for us". But when we came out of baggage claim, there he was...holding up a sign with our name on it! As it turned out, we were being driven by Ray himself. His price was very competitive so we also decided to take a day tour with him and we had a great time. We saw more in one day than we did the entire rest of the trip. I'll be happy to give more details if anyone is interested but you can check out his web site at
http://www.london-transfers.com.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:06 PM

We've also used Ray for airport transfers and have been pleased with the service.

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:31 PM

We used Ray two years ago and were very pleased with his service. He's a really nice man!
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM

That's wonderful and I don't mean this to put down Ray, but any decent car service will have your flight arrival time and will check updates as well as know when customs or passport control is backed up. It would be unusual to expect any respectable car service not to wait for your arrival when it is delayed for any reason.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM

You were fortunate. Last year we used Mr. Skinner for our trip into the city from LHR. The plane arrived on time; the baggage took an hour and a half. One of us LEFT the carousel area in order to make sure he didn't leave without us. As that person got to the waiting area Mr. Skinner was just about to turn and walk out the door.