Reload this Page >

rants and raves - honest reviews?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Jaya

I've just been looking at the rants and raves section - reviews of London hotels. Maybe I'm being too wary, but the Adare House hotel has 10 reviews - 7 of which (all 5 or 4.6) were written on the same day - 03/08/2001. Needless to say, the remaining reviews on the page are far from complimentary... Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Jon

Jaya, <BR>I've noticed that the Rants & Raves section has recently included posting dates. I'm confident that these dates are not accurate as they just appeared one day, and are largely recent. Some rants have been on there for over a year, and are now dated 2001. <BR>Good luck w/ your hotel selection...I never stayed there. <BR>j. <BR> <BR>By the way, there was a good post a month or so ago requesting that forum users rate more frequently on Rants & Raves...I haven't seen an increase (at least to the cities I'm next traveling) and I believe that section of Fodors is underrated and underused. More Rants & Raves would reduce the same old "which hotel..." posts (that I sometimes ask) on this forum.

Old May 5th, 2001, 01:20 PM
no name today

Jaya, I don't think you're being too wary, just wise. Original post in Sept which put it *on* the board gave it a 5.0, then in Nov & Jan it gets 1 bad mark 1.2 and 1 so-so 2.4. And then by a *miracle* of chance 7 people who have stayed at this hotel and loved it, all just happen to read "Rants & Reviews" and post basically excellent reviews *all on the same day*? What are the odds). <BR> <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 01:45 PM
no name today

Jon: Sorry I didn't see your response before I posted. But can you find a review in the "Rants & Raves" section with say at least 5 reviews where the date is on the same day for 70% of those reviews? I just did a quick check of ~10 in the London section usually all with different dates. Jaya & Jon, I always post by my name & e-mail but when I think I might suffer the wraith of a spammer, I switch to my chicken-mode. And I think this might be one of those times in regards to those postings on "R&R". <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Diane

I've posted review in the R&R section for hotels and restaurants I've visited (mostly in the US). There are many that aren't listed, so I can't post a review (or have they changed that????) For example, I think only one (maybe 2) hotel we're using over three weeks in Italy is listed.