Reload this Page >

Raincoats,ski jackets or thongs?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:17 AM
oui oui

Has anyone gone to Normandy and Brittany late March or early April that can recommend the weather situation there? Is it going to be cold and rainy or is there ever any sun? Merci!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:48 AM
PW

Expect temperatures in the 40s and 50s with rain a definite possibility. What you should wear depends on where you're from (and your tolerance for cold weather). I'd bring a raincoat with a warm lining. Brittany and Normandy aren't as fashionable as Paris (just my opinion), so you can get away with a more casual jacket.<BR><BR>And you can leave your thong a home...please cover up <BR><BR>PW

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Therese

Cold and colder. And wet to boot. Plan ahead and you'll be fine, but the only chance you'll have to wear a bathing suit this time of year will be if you decide to pursue a thalassotherapy cure on the coast. Sun would be an altogether unexpected gift.<BR><BR>Embrace the cold wet wind and take advantage of the enormous appetite you'll develop to sample the regions' foods.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:22 AM
oui oui

Oh goodie-I can forget the thong(I was just kidding anyway!) so that all the rich food I eat will be covered up by a nice winter coat!<BR>Do you think that it is ridiculous to go at this time of the year? I cannot travel during the summertime and I really don't know if I could stand the crowds anyway? I am from a cold weather climate but was hoping for some good days to take some pictures? Anyone else?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:18 PM
tt

ttt

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Ruth

The only thing certain about the weather of the northern coastal regions of Europe is its changeability! <BR><BR>Someone said "Britain doesn't have a climate, it only has weather" and I suspect that is true for northern France in March and April. You might be having lunch outdoors in a sunny sheltered spot, and 2 hours later watching an Atlantic storm roll in from the west. You have to be flexible. You will be unlucky to get no sun at all - just unlikely to get it for a whole day.<BR><BR>As you suggest, the worse the weather, the fewer other visitors there will be. It also gives an insight into how the people survived who built the sites such as Carnac. ;-)