Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth vs Thistle Bloomsbury

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Husband, I and 3 teenagers are going to spend a week in November in London. It was important for us to find a double and a tripple -adjoining rooms. Both the Kenilworth and the Thistle Bloomsbury have what we requested. The Kenilworth is substantially more. I will pay more if the hotel is that much better. Anyone been to either or both?
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Tia

I will be staying at the Thistle Bloomsbury beginning on Sunday for six nights. It's our first trip to London and we're so excited. I'd be glad to post when I return and let you know how the hotel is if you can wait that long to book. I'll be back online again on 10/6. I know there was another woman who I talked to recently on this site who just stayed there. I'll look for my post and maybe you could post a question to her attention.

Tia
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Tia

I just looked, her name is Leslie. She was very helpful to me when I was trying to decide where to stay. I'm sure she wouldn't mind helping again as she seems very nice. I finally bid on Priceline and that's how I ended up with this particular hotel. We wanted a smaller place, but we couldn't find anything in our budget that really fit what we wanted. Hope this helps.

Tia
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the kudos, Tia. Have a great time in London.

carstem, I stayed at the Thistle Bloomsbury last November for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday and cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The location is great too. I booked the hotel through Thistle's website, and at the time, got a tremendous deal. However, many satisfied customers have successfully bid on lodging semi-blindly through Priceline and have been booked at the Thistle Bloomsbury with great success.

I am not familiar with "family" rooms or adjoining/connecting rooms, at the Thistle Bloomsbury, as I had a single room (queen-sized bed). If you do a search on the Thistle Bloomsbury you'll find my comments - mostly directed at Tia, but there may be some other threads that I answered too.

If you need any further info, post again here, and I'll be happy to respond to your specific questions.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:16 PM

Our family stayed at the Thistle Bloomsbury last Thanksgiving and would do so again. It's a nice, old and picturesque hotel. The staff was nice, the room clean and the breakfast plentiful. Beware that on weekends, breakfast can be quite crowded. It's located near 2 different tube stations. There are many good ethnic restaurants nearby.

On the plus side, we ran our kids ragged during the day. In the evening, our teenager and his little sister were more than happy to eat sandwiches and prepared food from Sainsburys (the local grocery) in the room and watch the telly. My husband and I would leave them in the room and pop out to one of the nearby pubs. It was quite safe and we were very close. Everybody was happy.

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 06:58 PM

I just looked up the website for this hotel and it gave me a (no promo) price of 208 British Pounds. It that about normal for this type hotel in London? We are palnning a trip in April or May 04. Leslie,How did you get promo prices from the hotel website? Hope all have a great holiday in London.
Cheap Mike!! Da big bird "CHEEP"