Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Quick Trip through Germany, Switzerland and ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. We have a little under a week to see Germany, Switzerland and I'm not sure what else. We're headed there April 18-25, 2012, with 2 days where we can't travel Sunday and Monday. We must be in Oberwesel those 2 days. Fly into/out of Frankfurt. I was thinking about going down to Interlaken, Switzerland on the 18th (Wed) and staying until Friday morning. Leave Friday morning and drive back up the "Romance Road" (or open to other ideas) to get back to Oberwesel by Saturday afternoon. We will have a rental car. And then we need ideas for around Oberwesel area on Tuesday, before we fly out on Wed (April 25th). Open to all ideas...thanks!
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for. At first glance, it seems that you are looking for suggestions for adding a third country (?) into the mix for your 4 travelling days? Please clarify what kind of ideas you are looking for.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM

Switzerland is one of my favorite places on earth. I traveled there on three separate occasions always with young kids.....which I did mostly on my own while husband worked. Don't have experience with Interlaken lived near Lucerne for about one month each visit. I loved Lucerne - Swiss Transport Museum was incredible, Zurich also great, Basel was an interesting city with several museums and just bustling with activity. Good luck wherever you decide to go.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

I was thinking of adding Austria (really just passing through) or France on the way back up to Oberwesel. Actually, any and all ideas are welcome. I would love to go to Switzerland. We land in Frankfurt at 7 a.m. and MUST be back to Oberwesel by Saturday (afternoon). Open to any and all ideas for what we can reasonably do between Wed-Sat and not spend the entire time in a car. Open to taking the train too. Hope this helps you, help me!
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM

FAMILYTHATTRAVELS - any particualr restuarant suggsztions in Lucerne? I'm looking for soemthing that is truely Swiss but is a very good value for the price. (Read: I like good food but I'm cheap)
sorry this is off topic.