Search

Questions re: flying Barcelona to Marakkech

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM
jgg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions re: flying Barcelona to Marakkech

We are planning a trip to Barcelona and Marakkech for March 2007. We will be flying RT from the states to Barcelona as we are using FF miles and can only do RT (no open jaw). I have been looking at airfare from Barcelona to Marakkech. Iberia has a nonstop flight for $335 (incl. all fees and taxes) which I thought was a pretty good fare for nonstop (otherwise a 1.5 hr. trip can take 5-9hrs. depending on connections). My only dilemna is the times of the nonstop flight differs from one day to the next, one day in the early am next day in the late pm, the times aren't coinciding with the day and times I would like to leave.

So, my question is should I just wait until closer to the time to book the flight? I am worried I will change my plans to go with their flight times and then chances are they will completely change the times of the flights anyway since it is almost 8 months in the future.

On the other hand if I don't get them now I may not get that price. Other nonstop I found on AirEuropa is $700 and British Airways has flight for $270 but you have to fly through London. I am willing to pay the extra for nonstop.

Does anyone have any tips for getting from Barcelona to Marakkech??
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM

That is a tough route and I would buy the tix now. Your schedule should be determined around the travel, so you will be able to do it.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM
jgg
Original Poster

Thanks LaClaire. I had pretty much decided that, but I appreciate the confirmation that I am doing the right thing.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM

There aren't any low costs airlines from Spain to Marrakech so unless you are willing to fly to somewhere like the UK you are going to have to take whatever's available

http://www.whichbudget.com/en/cheapflights.php?from=RAK
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 11:34 PM

but try www.rumbo.es or www.lastminute.com for flights and see what comes up putting in spain as country of residence if they ask for it. (not baleares, though, that is a different thing)
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 11:44 PM

also, marrakech is a popular destination and you will find numerous packages with luxury to budget hotels included online and in TA's.

you might see that under "vacations" on those websites i gave you.