questions about my 1st trip to Europe and esp. Ibiza

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started to plan my trip over to Europe for May and it's becoming frustrating. If anyone can drop any helpful words it would be fabulous. I would like to visit Barcelona, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Paris, Marakech (Morocco) and London. ANYHOW my main question- Whats the easiest/cheapest way to get from Barcelona to Ibiza. Also would Ibiza even be worth going to in early May? Please help!
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 11:55 PM

check out www.vueling.com for cheap flights, also www.clickair.com and www.rumbo.es.

if the weather is nice, of course ibiza can be nice in may.

i wouldn´t book too many days there though as if the weather is not good you can see the islnad in a day or two.

formentera is VERY nice and a short boat ride away. some say their favorite.

however, the club scene will not be in full force yet if that is what you are looking for.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 01:48 AM

Ibiza is known as a party island for 20somethings, and the party does not really begin until June/July.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 02:45 AM

Out of season, Ibiza is a very attractive place for a short visit. I've been there in winter when the bars and restaurants cater mainly for locals and older Spanish visitors. It's an easy overnight journey by sea from Barcelona, and you arrive in the old town of Ibiza.
www.trasmedierranea.es
www.balearia.net
www.iscomar.com
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 06:40 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't help you w/ Ibiza, but "<iI would like to visit Barcelona, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Paris, Marakech (Morocco) and London"

Just how many months do you have for this trip?? Well maybe not months - but it would definitely take at LEAST a month to even get a tiny taste of those 6 destinations.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Agree that your trip looks VERY overambitious. Unless you're going for at least a month. And you're hopping all over the map - have you looked at the plane fares for this jaunt (trains would take forever). Suggest you do a day by day schedule - including the days traveling from one city/country to another. And whatevrer you decide be sure to get an open jaws ticket to abvoid backtracking.

Also agree that if it's partying you wand (and it usually is for Ibiza) May is really too early - few partiers and weather can be iffy.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you have at least 4-6 weeks for the trip? That's a lot of ground you are covering.

What are you hoping to get out of Ibiza (makes a difference in answering your question if it is "worth going&quot?
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:41 AM

I spent about 36 hours in Ibiza Town a year and a half ago. We were able to see the few sights In the town itself in a few hours. I cannot comment on the rest of the island since I have not seen it but in terms of things to do other than partying/dancing and the beaches it would be very low priority on my list.

As to whether or not you have enough time...everybody travels differently IMO and what is required "depth" for some turns out to be so much ho-hum for others.

Better to go on a whilrwind trip than not at all IMO.