Question on London hotel location

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on London hotel location

In mid-September my wife and I are heading to London. We've never been there, and we're unsure about hotel locations, though I've scanned a number of threads to get a better idea. I can get a room at a Doubletree - Tower of London, located near the Tower Hill tube station, and supposedly "on the site of the Crutched Friars Monastery, Samuel Pepys House, and the 18th Century Naval College". It's on Pepys Street. By the hotel's website, it looks like it was re-flagged to Doubletree recently. Since my son works for Hilton, I can get a king room there for 97 or 113 pounds ($160-$180) depending on the nights I choose.

Is this a good location, and would it make a good back-up for Priceline bids later on?
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:32 AM

If you can a room at the Trafalgar Hilton at that price I would leap on it.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:32 AM

For that sort of price I'd book it. It's great for the Tower of London, getting to Greenwich, Borough Market and wandering around the City of London
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks zeppole & alanRow, I've actually booked both just in case, and each one is cancellable. Odd thing with bookings through this Hilton program is that just a slight change in dates, like one day, can make the average room rate as much as double.

zeppole, was this hotel previously Trafalgar Hilton?
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 04:07 AM

Sorry -- I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were listing two separate options -- a Dooubletree hotel and a Hilton hotel. But now I see you are saying that your son's employment with Hilton means you can get the Doubletree hotel at that rate. I agree the location of the Doubletree is super (the Trafalgar Hilton is in Trafalgar Square).
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

OK that's great to know, thanks zeppole.