Question on booster requirements in France (again) sorry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another question about traveling in France .
I am coming from chicago to Paris
my first vaccination was 2/17/21 Moderna
2nd was 3/15/21 my booster was 1/22/22

i just read for French requirement from a fellow fodorite on this forum
  1. Tourists who waited longer than 9 months from the 2nd shot to obtain the booster must enter France under the non-vaccinated rules (which basically forbids entry for tourism).
this would mean I would enter France under unvaccinated rules .
I’m leaving March 18 , 2022
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 05:39 AM

That is correct. Your booster must have been within 270 days of your second dose.
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 07:42 AM

I just received an email from the US Embassy in Paris:

As of February 1, France changed the rules for entry into France. Under the new rules, to be considered fully vaccinated for entry purposes, travelers age 18 and above must now have a booster shot, which must be an mRNA vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) if their second dose (only dose of Johnson & Johnson/Jansen) was more than 9 months before their entry into France.
The French government has issued many statements over the last several years, which were very poorly written and effectively false.

I believe that all you really need is the booster if your 2nd shot was received more than 9 months ago, not that the booster must be given within 9 months.
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

I called the French Embassy and they were so kind and helpful
she assured me that since I have the booster
i will be allowed the French pass

I agree the wording in their website is so confusing !!!
im
going to Paris!!! And planning on having a terrific time with my sanitiare pass !
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 08:46 AM

Thank goodness we are getting clarification. It only makes sense that everyone would be encouraged to get a booster shot, whenever, after they are eligible for it.
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 08:58 AM

""As of February 1, France changed the rules for entry into France.""

If I am reading this correctly, entry into France is not really the same as getting/having a Passe Sanitaire - although the requirements are the same. I believe that if you show the US departing airline your 2-3 CDC cards indicating that you have all the required shots, they will let you on the airplane. I don't recall anyone at SFO (where I fly from) wanting my Pass Sanitaire.. I also don't recall showing my CDC card nor my Pass Sanitaire to anybody at CDG. Maybe this has changed since December when we flew to Paris. When we went to dinner in France, I was required to show my Passe Sanitaire.

Does France still require a negative Covid test for passengers arriving into France from the US - or was that stopped on Feb 1 & proof of vaccination is now the only Covid requirement.?

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia_KelleyEarp
I called the French Embassy and they were so kind and helpful
she assured me that since I have the booster
i will be allowed the French pass

I agree the wording in their website is so confusing !!!
im
going to Paris!!! And planning on having a terrific time with my sanitiare pass !
Good for you in going the extra mile to get clarification from the source. Have a great time on your trip and please post a trip report here. Many of us would love to follow along.

Old Feb 4th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

It seems like March will be good time to be in Paris , I’ve rede edited this trip 3 times now !!
so there seems to be a window now that I can actually start traveling to Europe more again
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by StuDudley
If I am reading this correctly, entry into France is not really the same as getting/having a Passe Sanitaire - although the requirements are the same.
Correct. Entry requirements are different from pass vaccinal requirements, but they share common elements.

Originally Posted by StuDudley
Does France still require a negative Covid test for passengers arriving into France from the US - or was that stopped on Feb 1 & proof of vaccination is now the only Covid requirement.?
The 1 February change is that boosters are now required to enter France if more than 9 months has elapsed since receiving the 2nd shot. Before 1 February, boosters were not required at all for entry.
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 10:49 AM

'''The 1 February change is that boosters are now required to enter France if more than 9 months has elapsed since receiving the 2nd shot. Before 1 February, boosters were not required at all for entry.''

So the 1 day prior negative Covid test is still required to enter France??

Our next trip to France is the Alsace/Burgundy month-long trip that was already cancelled & rescheduled 3 times. Hopefully, everything will be "eased up" by then. I'm have some mild hearing loss and in December I had trouble hearing people in France speaking to me in French through a mask.

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

That’s a good question Stu!
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 12:28 PM

Fully vaccinated travelers from country's on France's “orange” list need to submit a sworn declaration, and provide a negative Covid-19 PCR or antigen test result taken less than 48 hours departure.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...ange-countries

Last edited by eurohop; Feb 4th, 2022 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Typo