Question for janisj

Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Question for janisj

HI janisj.
Thanks for all your helpful replies on this forum. I'm looking at renting the apartment in Paris from Francois and just want to confirm that you were happy with the apartment. I've been reading aucho53's trip report and am a little freaked out about her stories of the hairy bed. yikes! : ) We are total budget travellers and as long as the place is clean and centrally located, we are not too fussy beyond that. Also, how did you handle the initial deposit? Francois suggested Western Union. Did you send it directly to her or how did it work? Any further thoughts or comments you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. wanderfar
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM

I was totally pleased. The flat was clean and there were plenty of towels, etc. It is NOT fancy - but you can tell that from the photos on the website. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the size - expecting everything to be tiny. There are little touches - like some old medieval wood beams, a feature (i.e. non-working) fireplace, a large clothes closet (thwe closet is in the dining room - but never mind

And if you only use the bed and don't need the sofabed too (we had to use both) it will seem even larger since the sofa won't be opened out to a bed all the time.

I was having problems working out the deposit as well. What we ended up doing (after telephoning and talking w/ Francoise directly) was sending a US$ personal check which she returned when we arrived.

But that may not be her normal preference - she
may have just taken pity on me

The location is soooooo convenient - literally a 2 minute walk to Notre Dame, the Metro and RER

As long as you don't expect a posh place you will enjoy it.

tell Francoise "hi" for me - she is a lovely lady.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:51 PM

Oh - meant to add a couple of other points. It is very quiet since the flat faces an interior courtyard. There are a couple of small grocery stores w/i a 1 or 2 minute walk. Francoise provided some basics - coffee, tea, Nutella pasta, salt/pepper, olive oil, cereal, and so on. Not full groceries but some things to get you started.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat . . . . .
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM

ttt
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Hi janisj.
Thanks so much for your very helpful replies. We'll figure out how to handle the deposit and definitely reserve the apartment. I will be sure to say hello to Francoise for you. THANK YOU again!!
wanderfar