Question about RER from CDG to Invalides

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about RER from CDG to Invalides

My husband and I are planning to take the RER from CDG to Paris. I know we'd take the RER B to St.Michel/Notre Dame, then the RER C to Invalides.

We were planning to purchase an RER ticket at CDG, as well as a Mobilis pass to use on the Metro and for the rest of the day. However, we'll be taking the RER C, not the Metro, to get to Invalides. I've read that to get off the RER, you have to insert your ticket. If we have to do this, doesn't it invalidate the Mobilis pass? We've used the Mobilis passes many times, but we never have used them on the RER, so I'm not sure how that works.

Sandy
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 08:26 AM

RER lines inside Paris are just like metro line for tarification purposes.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I use RER C often with a railpass and i have to go to the ticket window and ask for a contremarque de passage that is a free ticket that is used to go thru the turnstiles on entering and leaving - a contremarque just says you're traveling with a pass and thus have a valid ticket, but one that won't go thru the machine. I'm not familiar with the looks of a Mobilis thing, but if it looks like a metro ticket with a magnetic strip it should go thru the exit machine and pop back up without cancelling it it seems - if not you have to get a contremarque at the ticket window to be able to exit from many stations.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:11 PM

When you take the RER to St.Michel,you can then transfer to RER C. You do not need to go through any turnstiles to do this. You then use your RER ticket to exit at Invalides.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM

Use your RER ticket to exit as said before. Mobilis is vailid on Bus , metro and RER.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Author: Robespierre
Date: 04/14/2006, 12:23 pm

First of all: Mobilis passes are not invalidated by using them in turnstiles (either entry or exit).

Second: an RER ticket from an outlying station is good all over the Métro network - as long as you don't exit a station through the ticket barrier. The RER and Métro lines cross at several points, and you can change freely from one to the other.

Now, to your specific situation: I would buy your 2-zone Mobilis passes at CDG, then buy a single RER ticket from CDG to La Plaine (to get you into Zone 2). At that point, your pass takes over and you can go all over Paris as outlined above.
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the great information That clears things up considerably. Good to know the Mobilis pass won't be invalidated when inserting to get off the RER, and that you can change freely from the RER to the Metro.

PalQ, yes the Mobilis ticket has a paper ticket that works in the Metro. We've used the Mobilis several times, but somehow have not ridden on the RER as yet. Well, to be honest, we've been to Paris 5 times and only started riding the Metro on our 3rd visit. We really love the buses, but we've learned to love the Metro too, as it's so fast and convenient!

Sandy

Old Jun 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM

When did the Mobilis pass go into effect and what are its advantages?

I do know that when changing RER's (or metros) with a ticket, the machine spits them out until you get to your final desitination IF it's a single carnet. Day or week long tickets are returned. The magnetic strip tells it all.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Just a question about your Mobilis. Will you be using the Metro/buses so much that first day as to make it economical? More economical than just getting a carnet and using individual tickets?
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 04:50 AM

A Mobilis pass is good for one day and costs about 5-6€, which is a good bit less than a carnet of tickets and allows unlimited use for the day. It has been in effect for years and comes in a variety of zone coverage, but does not include the ride from CDG. I

All this information is available on ratp.fr, in the French version.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM

If you use a <i>Mobilis</i> as outlined above (buying a supplemental ticket to get from CDG into Zone 2), then you've already partially amortized its cost, and you'd only have to board a bus or go into the M&eacute;tro 4 times for the <i>Mobilis</i> to be cheaper:

Saving on CDG-Paris 1,35&euro;
Four <i>tickets 't'</i> 4,28&euro;
Total 5,63&euro;
- or -
2-zone <i>Mobilis</i> 5,40&euro;