Question about Mykonos

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Mykonos

Could someone tell me if we need a car for our stay in mykonos in August. we will be staying at Saint John Hotel and from what I read it is far from the town and restaurants.
Are taxis difficult to get at nights?
Thank you.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Can anyone help?
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 02:51 AM

I would suggest you email the hotel to find out, but I don't think you should have a problem. Mykonos only starts up around midnight especially in the town area. The beach is on one side and the town on another, so definitely check with the hotel.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 04:00 AM

I have to disagree with DownUnder's statement that the town area only starts up around midnight...perhaps for the discos but there is plenty going on well before that in Mykonos Town from my own experience.

Will top this for you in hopes of someone else seeing it and replying.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM

hello adeleh

Your hotel is located beside Aghios Ioannis beach. Click my name and you will see many times I recommend this part of the island for beauitifl views to Delos and the unique Apollonia effect on the sea at certain times of the day.

You can eat locally as there is now a few small restaurants and two good tavernas on beach, open late.

There is a bus service to town from Aghios Ioannis, one per hour and last year the bus from town to your beach was as late as 01.40am in mid summer times. The cost is only a couple of euro and you pay the driver or perhaps someone he has with him to collect the money. From Aghios Ioannis the bus first travel to Ornos where there are restuarants and cafes and beach and is only 5 minutes over hill from your hotel. Then the bus continues to Mykonos town bus station in centre and that is maybe another 8 minutes.

You will be on island in high season and as there are only 30 taxis you may have problem. It is perhaps best idea to use the bus. Also, your hotel may operate late coach service to town so check with them also.

thanos