Reload this Page >

Queen's brithday celebration

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Dennis

I am planning on attending the Queen's birthday celebration on June 16. Any tips on where to be at what time would be appreciated.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Her Royal Highness

I would like everyone to be there at five o'clock sharp.Phillip has been kind enough to hire a clown to make balloon animals(no, it's not Charles).We will also have one of those delightful inflated bounce houses.I'm sure mum will enjoy a good bounce after the gin loosens her hip.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Inky

Dennis, the stupid old bag doesnt really give a toss whether you are there or not, it doesnt make one iota of difference in her life so why not do something for yourself rather than pandering to these maggots. Why waste your time on someone who doesnt care if you even exist? <BR> <BR>If you are planning to bring cream pies/tomatoes etc then near Pall Mall but wear your sneakers in case the secret service chase you.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:44 AM
poopsie

Which queen are you talking about? My birthday isn't untill September.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Benita

Dennis, <BR> <BR> I'm sorry you haven't received any sensible responses to your question yet. Just those few smarty ones so far. <BR> You know, it really would help though, if you specified which queen you're talking about. I assume you mean the Queen of England, Elizabeth II, but there are quite a few other queens in Europe and elsewhere, too. Maybe inform us, and I'm sure there are people both willing and able to help you. OK? <BR> <BR> Good luck! <BR> Benita <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:45 AM
xxx

Oh Inky, it's been a while. Where have you been hiding? I guess it takes a topic like the queen to get you riled up.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:48 PM
paul

Sorry Dennis, my almanac lists The Queen of England's birthday as being in April.Sorry mate, looks like you missed the party,Ha!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Inky

Actually Benita, you can wipe that smug grin off your face - there is no Queen of England, you'll find she happens to be Queen of a few more countries than just England. <BR> <BR>Go back under that stone until you know what the hell you're talking about <BR> <BR>Paul, buy a new almanac, son.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 05:16 PM
wes fowler

Dennis, <BR>Do a text search here for 'Queen's Birthday" and you'll find a number of postings relating to the pageantry.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 05:39 PM
jahoulih

The Queen's birthday is in April, but it's celebrated in June. Something to do with the weather, I think.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Lucy

Its a long weekend this weekend in Australia this weekend to 'celebrate' the Queens birthday...even though anecdotally most people here want a republic of some sort!!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Keith

Inky, you're the one who needs a new map. England is not a country. The United Kingdom is a country.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:45 AM
David White

Dennis, <BR> <BR>I enjoyed reading some of the responses you've gotten so far to your question. But assuming you want serious information, here goes: <BR> <BR>Questions first: Are you attending the Trooping of the Colour? If so, do you have tickets already? <BR> <BR>Assuming the answer is "yes" to both, the ticket packet should indicate what time to arrive before the cermemony. Security lines can take a while, so you need to be there in time. On the other hand, the Trooping of the Colour goes on for quite a while (hours), so you don't want to arrive too early and have to sit forever. <BR> <BR>If you do not have tickets, you will need to secure a standing room spot along the parade route and be sure to get there early...maybe an hour or longer ahead of time. While there are many spots to view the parade that works its way along The Mall towards Horse Guards Parade, viewing the actual ceremony itself is pretty hard without tickets. There are a very few, unticketed viewing locations in St. James's Park, but you would need to arrive very early to get a spot. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps. <BR> <BR>David White <BR>http://www.KidsToLondon.com <BR>[email protected] <BR>

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Inky

keith - England is not a country? So where the hang am I sitting right now? London is capital of where?

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:54 AM
just

Lucy, if most Australians want a republic, why didn't they vote for it when they had the chance?