Reload this Page >

Heathrow to Gatwick

Search

Heathrow to Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:10 PM
mms

Heathrow to Gatwick

Help! In order to use our mileage accounts for one free ticket and two upgrades for our family to travel to Denmark this summer we need to fly Denver-Heathrow on United. We then want to fly directly to Billund Denmark. One of our party in disabled and we are trying to make the shortest trip possible and still stay within a budget. (We know British Airways direct to London, Gatwick and then direct to Billund is the best itinerary - but it costs so much more for us)<BR><BR>So here is my question, If we fly Denver-Heathrow - How difficult is it to take a taxie, etc. to get to Gatwick airport in London? The only direct flights to Bilund or Aarhus are from Gatwick. Distances, travel time, best methods of transportation would be very helpful.<BR><BR>Thanks so much!!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Andrew

It shouldn't be difficult but will be quite expensive by taxi.<BR><BR>There's a regular coach service connecting Heathrow with Gatwick, - it takes about 70 minutes. (Taxi wouldn't be much quicker). The timetables are on:<BR>www.gobycoach.com

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Lori

There is regular service between the two airports but if you want to be more comfortable in light of one of your party being disabled I'd opt for a driver pick up service (for one think it is a lot more relaxing after a long flight not to deal with trains/buses, etc.) Contact Ray Skinner at www.london-transports.com<BR>His service is great, we've used it several times. It's a flat fee - unlike a taxi where the meter runs. Most of his drivers use vans but I'd mention that there are 3 of you to be sure you have enough room (also if a wheelchair is involved). Ray is a great guy and his drivers are all polite and good drivers (at least the ones we've had). I've recommended this service several times and everyone has raved about it.<BR>They meet you as you exit immigration with a sign with your name on it and deliver you to your destination. Check his website for prices & e-mail him for for info.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Lori

mms: I'm losing my mind this a.m. (must have been the traffic Ray's website is www.london-transfers.com (not transports). Sorry!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:09 AM
David

If you're on a budget it may be worth considering flying with Ryanair between london Stansted and Aarhus. They have very cheap airfares but the transfer to Stansted may not be viable for you. The Ryanair website is at www.ryanair.com