Quaint Beaches in Palma de Mallorca

Jan 7th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Quaint Beaches in Palma de Mallorca

Does anyone have a favorite beach in Palma de Mallorca which is not overly crowded with tourists? We are traveling there aboard a cruise and thought it would be a great day to bring the kids to the beach. We would have to reach it via taxi (unless within walking distance), and also be able to be picked up later in the day by a taxi, so it probably can't be too remote. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jan 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM

I am afraid, the good beaches are far away from Palma.

This site will help:

http://www.mallorcamaps.net/mallorca.beaches.php

The closest beach in Palma is at Avinguda Gabriel Roca, 1km east of the Cathedral - a wide sandy beach.

Another option in western direction would be Cala Major, about 5km from the Cathedral.
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

If we were going to see the Cathedral first, could we then walk to Avinguda Gabriel Roca from there? When I Googled the name of that beach, I came up with a site describing beaches in Andratx. Is this correct?
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

bttt
Jan 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Yes, you can walk this 1km (0.6 miles), although Av Gabriel Roca is a busy road.

You may look up viamichelin.es or, even better, Google Earth. Just enter "Palma de Mallorca". The beach is east of La Seu, the Cathedral. It is not a really good beach with the busy road in back, but it is sandy and good for a swim.