Reload this Page >

Q re: Sabina, Prague Guide extrordinaire

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:35 PM
ajs

I emailed Sabina for our trip in late July, but as of now, she is only available for our last day there. I wanted her for the first day(or 2nd), as I felt the info, tips, etc would be helpful the rest of our stay. By the last day, we'll have seen most of the good stuff, I'd imagine. Think it would still be worth it? Thanks.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Melissa

IMHO, the one-on-one tour seems best for the first or second day there. Maybe her friend Martina is available?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Leslie

We have certainly made Sabina very popular, which is wonderful. The last day you won't want a tour, however, I suggest that you email Sabina and ask her for a referral for another guide.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:03 AM
ajs

Meliisa, Leslie, thanks. Sabina errored in her response, and she is available on our first full day there. Looking forward to it. Gotta love the internet.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Leslie

ajs, you'll have a wonderful time with Sabina. She's very interesting and a lot of fun to be with. Ever since I started passing her name and email address on since December, she has become one very busy tour guide. I believe that everyone that I have passed Sabina's name onto, has been very satisfied and has also been giving her great reviews.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:59 PM
nan

You will be soooo glad you got her! She is a jewel! Have a great time!!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:04 PM
sharon

Can I ask you guys about Prague in mid- late November. Do you think the weather is condusive to enjoying the city? Also Can I ask you for the contact information on Sabina?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:29 AM
ajs

Sharon,<BR><BR>I can't answer about weather in November, but here is Sabina's info:<BR><BR>[email protected] <BR><BR>Check Jason's site for more info:<BR><BR>http://www.jasoncholt.com/prague/

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Leslie

I was in Prague in November -- actually I arrived the middle of the 3rd week of November and stayed for 9 days. The day light hours are obviously shorter, but by 5pm, I was tired and really wasn't interested in sightseeing, and that was a good time to stop for an earlier dinner, and then begin even activities like going to the opera, ballet or a concert, which begin between 7 and 8pm. Being that I was up early in the morning, I was able to fit in everything that I wanted to do during my trip. <BR><BR>There are still tourists in Prague, but there aren't any crowds, nor are there any lines, so you can get in and out of the venues and restaurants without a problem.<BR><BR>While I was in Prague, I did have a number of sunny days, and some partly cloudy days. It rained one day, and began to snow one day, but it was only a dusting. The temperature primarily was in the high 40s to mid 50s. I actually loved being in Prague at that time of year. Just so you know, it can get a bit windy, and if you are anywhere near the river or on the bridges, make sure that you dress in layers. I wore a hat or earmuffs, a scarf, usually a turtleneck, either a sweater or a sleeveless fleece vest, heavier slacks (yes, I wore jeans and leotards), leather jacket and gloves. All of the museums have a coat check area, so I was always comfortable inside, as well as outside.<BR><BR>It was great to be in Prague while it was being decorated for the holiday season, and it was fun to go to the Christmas markets (which are all outside) to see the different crafts that were made for sale.<BR><BR>I highly recommend being in Prague in November, especially during low season, when it is truly a bargain.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:25 PM
tt