Search

Pubs in Windsor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 03:31 AM
scaltreto

Pubs in Windsor

Any recommendations for pubs in the Windsor area after visiting the castle? Also, any particular shops we should visit while there? Thank you.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Tracy

Hey Scaltreto,<BR><BR>Most important thing IMHO is to get off the main drag. The High Street is so touristy & depressing - you'll find nicer pubs strolling along the river, or across the bridge in Eton.<BR><BR>One of my favorites:<BR>http://www.windsor-tourism.co.uk/twobrewers.html<BR><BR>HTH & have a great trip!<BR>= )

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:36 AM
AnnaC

Well, I was just about to recommend the Two Brewers - I see I've been beaten to it.<BR><BR>They have great food too, but if you want to eat there at the weekend, especially for Sunday lunch, you may well need to book first - their telephone number is on the website that Tracy posted

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Leslie

This is an upscale pub and restaurant recommended by our B & B host two months ago - classy but lively atmosphere and great (gourmet) meal:<BR><BR>The Royal Oak on Datchet Road...

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Susan

We were just there in February and found a great pub, I think the name is "The Three Tuns"(?). It was not an upscale up, just a nice pub!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Betsy

My husband and I were out walking in Windsor and found the Van Sittart Arms in a residential area. Very much a neighborhood pub. Fantastic spinach soup.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:39 PM
karen

Anyone have a suggestion for a breakfast place that's good near Windsor Castle (walking distance)?