Reload this Page >

Pubs & Restaurants in Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:35 AM
NH

Have gotten SO much wonderful wisdom from this site... my husband and I are leaving for a week long trip on the 31st. I would love to hear any suggestions on great pubs and/or restaurants in the following locations:<BR><BR>Kilrush<BR>Dingle<BR>Killarney<B R>Cashel<BR>Killkenny<BR>And of course... Dublin <BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Sandra

NH-<BR>I can recommend a very good restaurant near Dingle - it's in the village of Ventry overlooking Ventry Bay. The name is The Skipper and it's owned by a French couple - he's the Skipper - wonderful seafood - We had a memorable meal there on our visit in Sept. 1999.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Sorcha

The Abbey Tavern in Howth, a small fishing/harbour suburb of North Dublin, is both pub and restaurant. It is a lovely stone building with open fires and sometimes has traditional music (check before you go). While you're there have a walk on the pier or by the cliffs. On the other side of the bay is Dalkey, a lovely village with lots of restaurants and pubs, try 'The Queens' pub.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:05 AM
Gerald Horgan

This is one of the best<BR>Irish music pubs in the Dingle Peninsula. You can download audio files of<BR>the music sessions<BR>An Chonair Pub<BR>http://www.dingle-region.com/dinglemusic.htm

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:20 AM
marylouise

Murphy's Pub in Dingletown had tasty fresh food. The four of us sampled fish,duck,pasta,salads and all came with sides of nicely prepared fresh veggies. <BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 05:47 AM
sam

If you're in the mood for Italian when you're in Dublin, try Milano's. It gets crowded, but you can buy a bottle of wine while you're waiting and the pizza was fantastic. <BR><BR>What type of pubs do you like? I went to a few in Dublin within the past few weeks. Judge Roy Beans was fun, but I just hung out there during the day with some friends. We went to Turk Head's one night, which is a bit more like a club. The downstairs opens around 10 for dancing. Regular pop music though, not trad.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:54 AM
Wendy

Just outside Kilkenny Town is Inistioge. The Circle of Friends restaurant has great atmostphere and wonderful food.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:50 PM
John

In Dublin try Pacinos if you like good Italian food. The owner will make certain you are happy with food/service; and you just might make a new friend.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:49 PM
shadow

Last Summer we stayed at the Legends Guest House in Cashel. It is wonderful.<BR>And, they also have a restaurant that is fantastic! We were a group of 10 and it was the favorite of most of us.<BR>The restaurant gave us the best meal of our trip. The owners are lovely people.<BR>Check out www.legendsguesthouse.com<BR>and you will see the restaurant info. on there as well.<BR>Shadow

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:24 AM
Ann

Pacino's in Dublin is definitely acceptable, but I don't think I'd go so far as to recommend it for "good" Italian food. And it's definitely gone downhill over the past few years.