Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris: Hotel Caron De Beaumarchais Anyone???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Jennifer

Our first trip to Paris this September, our travel agent recomends the hotel Caron De Beaumarchais. The reviews on Fodors are mixed. I am looking for any additional feedback.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Jennifer

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:44 PM
richardab

Mixed? In my research I have found that this hotel is one of the most consistently liked hotels posted here. For the price range it should be a good deal and is also locted in a great part of the city. The only thing I recommend is that you ask for one of the larger rooms on the front side of the hotel. They say the ones in the vback are too small. Of course there larger room cost a bit more, but I am sure they are worth it.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:45 PM
richardab

Mixed? In my research I have found that this hotel is one of the most consistently liked hotels posted here. For the price range it should be a good deal and is also locted in a great part of the city. The only thing I recommend is that you ask for one of the larger rooms on the front side of the hotel. They say the ones in the vback are too small. Of course there larger room cost a bit more, but I am sure they are worth it. In fact... I wish i could stay in this hotle on my upcoming trip, but they are fully booked!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Marcell

Most Parisians agree that Americans lack our sophistication.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:09 AM
Della

Marcell,<BR><BR>Most Americans agree that Parisians are pretentious elitist snobs. Vous-etes d'accord non?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:32 AM
Heather

I've stayed there and have posted positive remarks. What are you looking for and perhaps I can tell you if the hotel meets those criteria?<BR><BR>I've never used an agent to book hotels ... are you getting a better rate?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:42 AM
pam

The only negative comment I've ever seen about this hotel is that the rooms tend to be quite small. Other than that, it has a wonderful reputation and there are many posts on this site attesting to its many good points.<BR>Try doing a search here and you will see many posts. There are also some reviews on Fred's site www.anamericaninparis.com Hope this helps.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:55 PM
Tom

Jennifer,<BR><BR>Questions about this hotel are asked nearly each and week on this forum. If you type it in the search function above your will receive 84 hits for it (I did it just now and that's how many I received--and that was @ 26,400bps). Give it a shot, I think there is plenty of info there.<BR><BR>tom

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:01 PM
Sue

Wonderful hotel!! Stayed there July'2000. Reserved several months in advance and stayed in a front room. French decor with timbered ceiling, clawfoot tub with bath oils. Small yes, but oh soo French! Great area for walking to left bank, Louvre, river walks, Picasso museum. Head up the street and stop in a bakery and treat yourself to a fine pastry with Chantilly cream. Hotel staff welcoming and helpful. Lots of restaurants in the area, internet cafe, department store shopping, subway transportation. I would certainly stay at this hotel again .

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:26 AM
andi

Wow! Sue, I am salivating at your description. Will be arriving there with my thirteen-year-old daughter April 14 at 7:30 a.m. Very glad to have a reservation there. Hear great things about it on this board, corroborated by several guide books.