Provence Trip - Ideas?

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Provence Trip - Ideas?

I'm planning a trip for my wife's 40th birthday. I'd like to rent a Mas or villa in Provence, and invite a few friends and family to join us. We've been to Provence once before, so I'm a little familliar with the area. I'm concerned about renting a place I've never seen, and am hoping for some suggestions... We would probably like to stay somewhere central, for day trips to villages and markets. I'm thinking St. Rmy or Arles (never been to Arles, but have read many good things.) Any ideas on weather a Mas rental is a good idea, and any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 09:52 AM

A mas is just a word for a Provençal-style farmhouse, usually on 3 levels.

Staying outside Arles would certainly be an idea; you wouldn't want to have to deal with in-and-out traffice on a daily basis. The area around St-Rémy, and perhaps Maussanne-les-Alpilles, would be a bit nicer, however, and quite central for sightseeing in all directions.
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 01:31 PM

Mas De Carassins is a beautiful place to stay just outside of St. Remy. It has lovely grounds, very nice rooms, and would be perfect for friends to meet you. We stayed there in May and loved it. They also serve dinner to guests each evening if you sign up in the morning. We had some of the best meals at the inn.

We were easily able to do day trips and could walk into St. Remy for dinner as well. The innkeepers are wonderful - i would highly recommend it. Here is a website.

http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/h...-carassins/gb/

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 01:35 PM

Here is a link to our pictures - I took many of the Mas Des Carassin so you can get an idea. The website actually is accurate but doesnt do it full justice.

http://olympus.kodakgallery.com/I.js...1&x=0&y=vmk3hw
Old Aug 20th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
to rent a mas for yourselves, rather than a mas B&B, try the: provenceweb.com
and provencebeyond.com. And if you google for the area you want, you will see many. Most have never been a disappointment for many who booked in Provence where other areas were not as lucky to have satisfied customers.