Provence Touring This June

Mar 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Provence Touring This June

We're late - health issues prevented us from booking/reserving earlier this year - but now we'd like to go. We heard very good things about the VBT excursions to Provence but, alas, they're booked solid now.

So... can anyone recommend an alternate company/tour group/agent that runs excellent tours of Provence and who might be able to squeeze 2 people in at this late date?

We're more active than most 50+ folks but we're not too fussy re: walking/hiking/cycling. We'd like to spend no more than 3 nights in one spot and be away for no more than 10-12 days.

Any help or advice would be great.

TIA.
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM

moonstone, why not do it on your own?
Health issues prevented us last year but we are going again in September. I'm late riser, my husband an earlier one, and to stay in one place if you like it,, is a benefit of traveling alone. rent a car and stay where it appeals to you. look at all the web sites and here where to stay.
mimi 70+
Mar 31st, 2007, 12:52 AM

Try Kathy and Charlie Wood's www.luberon experience.com - not sure when their tours are this spring, but I am sure you would have a good time with them.

-Kevin
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Looking at Luberon I see that you stay in one place for a week. Most of the time, we'd rather not do this, but thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Rolling our own is the way we normally do things but we're a bit short on time and I'm not sure we can figure this out in the next 4-6 weeks (can't devote a lot of time to it right now).

So, let me ask this: if you DID create your own Provence vacation (1 week, say) and you could pick 3 different cities/locales to stay at, what would they be? Or, alternatively, if you could only pick 2 or 3 "very nice" places to stay (hotels, villas, B&B-type places), what would THEY be?

Thanks. Sorry for fishing around on this but we're definitely behind the 8-ball and just want to see if we can make something happen by June.
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:30 PM

Around St Remy is a good base to see alot of villages. I'd stay in one place and take day trips to make the most of one week. Too much to see in each part of Provence.
Apr 1st, 2007, 12:50 AM

As Cigale says, the Alpilles region around St. Remy would make a great base. Many of our guests split there time between there and the Luberon and maybe Aix if you want a bit of city life.

-Kevin

p.s.: looking back, I think I messed up the link to Kathy and Charlie's tour. Should be http://www.luberonexperience.com/