Reload this Page >

Provence Restaurants

Search

Provence Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Ron

Provence Restaurants

We will be in Provence for 2 weeks in September. Would appreciate any suggestions for good restaurants in any area of Provence. All prices, types and locations are fine.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:55 PM
wendy

Let me know of you want restauants in St. Remy.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Ron

St. Remy or any towns near it would be great! <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 02:34 PM
PB

Cut and Paste has not been working on this site for a couple of days... sorry I don't have time to type the full descriptions, but here is a list of restaurants - all price ranges. * denotes a starred Michelin restaurant: <BR> <BR>St. Remy: <BR> <BR>La Gousse d'Ail <BR>Bistrot des Alpilles <BR>Jardin de Frederic <BR>La Source <BR>Grain de Sel <BR>La Serre <BR>Xa <BR> <BR>Maussane-les- Alpilles ( village I live <BR>in) <BR>Le Fournil <BR>Chez Gabrielle <BR>*La Petite France <BR>Le Margaux <BR> <BR>Fontvieille: <BR> <BR>Cuisine au Planet <BR> <BR>Eygalieres: <BR> <BR>* Bistro d'Eygalieres <BR> <BR>Aix-en-Provence: <BR> <BR>l'Aixquis <BR>* Le Clos de la Violette <BR> <BR>Cassi: <BR> <BR>Le Grand Large <BR> <BR>Villeneuve-lez-Avignon: <BR>* Prieure <BR>Mon Mari etait Patissier <BR> <BR>PB <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:57 PM
Wendy

PB Thanks for all of your help with St. Remy restaurants, and setting up our itinerary- you were right on.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 04:25 AM
PB

Wendy, <BR> <BR>You're more than welcome ! and thanks for the 'thanks' ! LOL <BR> <BR>PB

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Jen

I second the vote for La Petite France in Maussane-les-Alpilles - wonderful! (Actually, I believe it's in Paradou, which is right next to Maussane.) <BR> <BR>Bistrot des Alpilles in St. Remy is lovely too for a casual dinner. <BR>

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Anthony

Ron, We stay in St. Remy each year. I know of, and agree about, three of the restaurants on PB's list: <BR> <BR>Gousse d'Ail <BR>La Source (in garden) <BR>Gran Sel <BR> <BR>This year we went to Eyragues, about 10 kms from St. Remy, to a restaurant called La Maison. It is part of a thirteen-room auberge that was built in 2000. We had a wonderful meal-best of our trip. If you get there when it is still light you can get a marvelous panorama of the surrounding mountains.--Mont Ventoux, the Luberon and Des Alpilles. <BR> <BR>Menu was 240 francs or about $35. I recommend it.