PROVENCE from AVIGNON

Old Jul 10th, 2017, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROVENCE from AVIGNON

I had planned just one day tour full La Provence from Avignon and fortunately I was never confirmed for the full day, so I did 3 half day tours that took me to more different and amazing places.
I did one day with Time4Provence, a morning tour to NIMES UZES AND PONT DU GARD. a Perfect half day tour, with excellent new van and Anne a very knowledgeable guide tour. AT 1430 she picked me up and we went to Arles, Les Baux de Provence and St Remy (van Gogh Mausoleum) another perfect half day, so if you intend to do it in one day this combination of 2 half days are perfect.

The 3rd half day was GORDES and ROUSILLON, also a must see. Gordes is a medieval village in the mountains, and Rousillon´s red mountains are amazing. This half day I did it with Provence Reservation, The timing would have been perfect if we would have skipped the Lavender Museum which is very interesting but not if it takes away time from Rousillon. Excellent service, van and guide.

Fortunately, I arrived Avignon at midday and had time to visit Avignon, the Palace du Papes and the Avignon bridge..! please dont miss visiting both,

Never thought Avignon was so beautiful over the river Rhone...the town..it is breathtaking...

I took me 2 full days.
Old Jul 10th, 2017, 07:14 AM

thanks for the tips and reviews
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the info. Especially good if you are short on time and no car.
Old Jul 16th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you..Yes no car..short on time.. glad to be of any help after all the help I have received!!

cheers