Problems booking with ticketone for Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to book tickets for the Galleria Borghese & the Domus Romane through ticketone but 2 different credit cards keep getting rejected. It's clear that the rejection is from the site itself as the the credit card companies don't even see any attempts on the card. Anyone have problems and resolve them? Is there something I should know?

I've followed the instructions and get as far as having the CC number seemingly reviewed and accepted, but when I get to the final step, it says that my card is rejected.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 04:00 PM

Although it doesn't help solve your problem, I bought a ticket through the ticketone site a couple of weeks ago using my American CC with no problem.
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I've tried for two nights in a row, so either I've missed something or it doesn't like my cards. Not only have I tried 2 cards, I've used 2 browsers (Chrome, Safari), and I've contacted my card company. I'll probably have to call but I wondered if there is something I've missed that is not obvious.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you call and have the cc company unblock foreign transactions? If not, the cc company computer may automatically block the transaction. If this tactic works, after the charge goes through, call the cc company and have the block restored to prevent fraud.

Just remember to unblock before you leave on your trip. My cc co allows unblocking for a particular country for a particular time interval.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

I can't begin to tell you how frustrating dealing with ticketone has been. I did call my cc companies and the problem was not with them -- in fact, there was no indication that any attempt at a purchase had been made. I tried 3 different credit cards, 3 different browsers and nothing went through.

I do think there is some kind of systemic issue that had nothing to do with my cards. On a TripAdvisor forum, I discovered one other woman had similar problems. I did sign up with PayPal, though, and that went through with a breeze.

I've already informed our card companies of our travel plans.
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 05:18 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Some sites in Italy require you to have a secure code (it's not the 3 numbers on your card). Some Visa and Mastercards let you sign up with them for a secure code, but not all. You can check if the bank that issues your card participates.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons...e-sign-up.html

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/f...d-by-visa.html