Private tour of Athens

Search

Private tour of Athens

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private tour of Athens

Anyone have someone they have used? We would like a private tour or small group would be fine. I have spoken with George and he seems quite expensive?? (140 euro for 1/2 day)
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:14 AM

What exactly would you like to include in your tour, how many hours, are you comfortable with walking and what price do you find logical? If I can be useful I will do my best, but I am not a pro(if you remember I am studying tourism management). If you are interested drop me a line.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Since we have never been to Athens we want to start with major attractions and a good bit of history. We will probably do 2 different tours---would love a good walking tour as well as driving.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM

A nice walk I have taken some japanese friends of mine was from the block of Academy 19th century buildings(national library, university, first optician's clinic), down to the old Parliament of Athens (which today shelters the National History Museum), then to the current Greek Parliament (old summer palace
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM

when Greece was ruled by a king) where you can see the change of guard infront of the monument of the unknown soldier and through the national garden you then pass outside the office of the greek prime minister(the greek "white house&quot and further down to Kallimarmaro marble stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896, then you turn to the right to the ancient temple of Zeus, arch of Andrianos and then right in the heart of Plaka traditional neighbourhood. That will take you around 2-3 hours the most on foot on a relaxed pace.
And it is best for afternoon walk.
For morning walk i recommend ofcourse the Acropolis, the surroundings, ancient market, Hephestos temple and Stoa Attalou. This also would take 3 full hours or maybe more.
If you have more available time than a day, don't forget to visit Poseidon's temple in Sounion, there is a very nice view, preferably afternoon hours so that the sun won't be so strong!!
Enjoy your trip!
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM

We used Spiros from www.athenstaxi.net and were extremely satisfied.