Private car from CDG to Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am arriving in Paris later this month (Saturday March 31st). Am looking for a recommendation for a car service from CDG to Paris (Jolly Lotti Hotel near Louvre). I know about the shuttle and the bus, but after a long flight from NYC, I'd rather have someone there to wqith a sign and go striaght to the hotel. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM

No advice...but...

I want to apologize in advance for the heated debate between a few particular posters that is bound to come from this question.

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Why not a regular taxi ?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Ask the Lotti if they have airport service.

I recently stayed at the Westminster Opera and they met my arrival and had return trip also...very convenient, and the way to go after a long flight....
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Look under my name and you can see all of the responses I got last week from a similar post. No one seemed too enthusiastic about the car service idea, but I am using a driver referred by my apt owner/agent on March 31. Where are you flying in from - just curious.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM

Sorry for taking this thread off-topic, but Edye, I'd like to hear about what you think of the apartment you've booked. I'm doing some research for a friend who is looking for a fairly large apartment to accommodate 3 adults (one couple, one mother-in-law, a 4-year old and a 6-year old). Any other recommendations for specific apartments would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM

I will e-mail my girl friend and have her find out the name of our car service. We didn't have to pay for it so not sure how much it is..it's a long story..but the service was wonderful. Waiting right there for us when we walked out of the terminal and when I was going home, had a 7:00 a.m. pickup and they were exactly on time and when we got to the airport the driver went inside and checked on my flight to make sure it was leaving from that terminal and that it was on time etc. My friend was staying in Paris for another week after I left to be with a coteur (sp) group and the woman that was tour leader takes groups to Paris several times a year and always uses this car service for her people. I wasn't even officially with the group and was amazed when I found out she had arranged and paid for my return to the airport. Very sweet woman. BOBNYC, I'll see what I can find out for you. Probably won't get an answer for you til tomorrow. In the meantime, you may get a great recommendation.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM

You can book a private limo with this link: http://tinyurl.com/ysogfk
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM

We used Bee shuttle, they met us with a sign www.beeshuttle.com/private-us.asp
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM

We opted for a taxi last week and it was a breeze. CDG all the way to the 15th for 48e. Clean, comfortable Mercedes, BTW.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:50 AM

BOBNYC, the name of the car service is Airport Line. I googled them and they came right up. I have a phone number that we used in Paris to call them when we landed..don't know if it works in the US if you wanted to call: 0 800 77 61 63. All their drivers are english speaking, if that matters to you. Looks like price is approx 65.00..depends on the number of people in your party. So, anyway, check them out if you'd like. I would use them again. You could tell them that Susan Khalje recommended them...she's the tour leader of my friends group and has used them for years. Hey, never hurts to "drop" a name if you have one.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM
ptm

Crefloors...Thanks...My husband and I are going to Paris mid-April and we were looking for a private car to take us to our hotel...I know everyone will be disappointed in us but we like private cars to get us to our hotel. I promise the rest of the trip we will use the Metro and yes, we will walk as much as we can. We like the idea of someone picking us up and taking care of our luggage etc....Thanks again Ptm
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM

ptm: if you use Airport Line, will you post when you get back regarding the service etc.? I want to make sure that it's consistant and that they just don't give great service to Susan because she uses them all the time for her people. I want to make sure their standards are the same for all if I'm going to recommend them to people. I did tip the driver by the way. You don't HAVE to, but I did.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
ptm

Crerfloors, yes I will post a message if we use the Airport line for a private car. I googled them and found their website...chat soon...ptm
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM

I, too, am looking for a private car for transfer from CDG to our hotel in Paris. After a transatlantic flight, I appreciate the help with my bags and a comfortable ride to my hotel. Please keep the suggestions coming!
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Bob,

My husband and I used Paris Airport Shuttle (www.paris-airport-shuttle.com) three years ago and plan to use them again this year. Our driver met us after we retrieved our luggage and went through customs. He was very helpful and knew exactly where our hotel was in the 7th.

On a previous trip the driver of the taxi we picked up near the Opera could not find our hotel, again in the 7th. I had to give him my map and help navigate. We used a shared van on yet another trip and decided to spoil ourselves after a long day and night of travel.

Scootoir
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM

There's always my dream car alternative:
www.4roues-sous-1parapluie.com/