Private boat tours in VENICE?

Aug 1st, 2003, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Private boat tours in VENICE?

Going to Venice in November..(I know, I'll probably be ankle-deep in water). I'm a photographer/artist I'd like to find someone with a boat to take us on a half day tour into the small canals...stop for photos....has anyone done this?...do you have someone to recommend?
Many thanks!!!
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:55 PM

I would imagine the water taxi's might be willing, but they're expensive. You can actually get great photos w/o being on a boat. You could probably do the same on a gondola.
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM

found on

http://www.venicewalksandtours.com/p...alks.htm#photo tour

Photographers Tour of Venice

Enjoy a privately guided photography tour of Venice with a professional English-speaking photographer. Tours are scheduled for the best possible light, either early in the morning or evening hours.

Capture the essence of Venice and its magical light; the gentle interplay of water and light upon the World's most beautiful city. Our photographer offers numerous itineraries through the city that, combined with her assistance and advise, will enable you to immortalize this unique city.

3 Hours - 170 Euro / 6 Hours 320 Euro

Aug 1st, 2003, 01:13 PM

WOW! I wish I had known about that when I went to Venice! Makes me really, really want to go back and spend some time on these tours. Thanks for sharing! Ciao . . .
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:15 PM

I'm an amateur photographer and agree that you can get some great shops without being on the water.

What would concern me would be the movement on the boat when you take your picture. The slightest movement could have an effect on the outcome.

OR are you just looking to take guide photos that you can paint from at a later date?
Aug 1st, 2003, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

WOW...thanks for such a great response!!! I'll check into the phtotgraphers- tour link. I've been to Venice before & taken many photos on land. This trip I want to go into small canals & have the boat STOP...that's why I'm looking for someone that does private tours. Not too worried about shakey boat, I'll use faster film. But you're right...don't want to be in a moving speed boat. I have some of my photos on http://www.worldisround.com just type in Bailey Zimmerman & a list of four of my postings will appear.....if you'll wait for a couple hours...I'm posting more of Venice from trip in May....again many thanks!!! Maybe someone has a cousin with a boat????