Search

Printing the euro symbol

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 02:43 PM
rex
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printing the euro symbol

I just ran across this old thread in which I can see the euro symbol in the thread - - as shown below (or will it be visible?) - - <BR><BR> <BR>Author: Rex<BR>Date: 09/23/2002, 11:22 am<BR>Message: Another &quot;essay-let&quot; that comes to mind from this most recent trip was &quot;my first dealings with the euro&quot;.<BR><BR>It cracked me up that what used to be a useful crutch (seeing prices printed in euro amounts along with francs, lire, whatever) is somehow mow disorienting. I can't count how many times I saw an item, priced in the euro amount - - and mentally paused to think &quot;now how much is that?&quot; before I went &quot;Doh!&quot; and realized that no conversion was necessary (for all practical purposes).<BR><BR>I was also struck with the &quot;hanging onto&quot; francs - - mentally - - that we saw everywhere. Every single receipt - - whether cash or credit card had the amount in francs also printed on it - - along with the word &quot;soit&quot; (roughly translates to &quot;which would be&quot - - i.e. 10 ? soit 65.xx F (or FF).<BR> <BR>Appeared in http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=20632963<BR><BR>Wil l some cut and paste process work?<BR><BR>Have to post this to see if this works.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 02:43 PM
rex
Original Poster

Nope. And yet it is visible on the thread cited. How come?<BR>
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 04:45 PM

I think Fodor's must have disabled HTML at some point. I was able to use HTML codes (such as &amp;euro and see the resulting symbol in the finished post, but no longer.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 06:44 PM

I'm going to try..... ? - alt0128
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM

How BORING.<BR>Get a life. You must have too much time on your hands and a pale face from staring at your screen all day.