Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

€ where is the post that reference the webpage for the various codes to do symbols and such?

Search

€ where is the post that reference the webpage for the various codes to do symbols and such?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Rex

Obviously I know how to do it.<BR><BR>&amp;euro; = &euro;<BR><BR>But seems like there were other useful codes on the page that explained how to enter this.<BR><BR>Does someone remember about what day this thread last appeared?<BR><BR>Appreciate any way to locate it.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:53 AM
upping

anyone?<BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:59 AM
xxx

I think I last saw it during the last half of August - sorry I can't be more specific.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Rex

Aha! I found it. They're called "ISO codes" - - though interestingly enough, right now, this page is making my computer (browser) crash.<BR><BR>http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...al_characters/

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:08 PM
cc

&euro;<BR>testing<BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Bob Brown

Testing. To make the euro symbol<BR>I believe it was the @ then the word euro, and then a semicolon.<BR>I will try it. If you see a euro symbol it worked.<BR>@euro;<BR><BR>The umlaut letters for german are <BR>alt 129 &uuml;<BR>alt 132 &auml;<BR>alt 148 &ouml;<BR>alt 143 &Auml;<BR>alt 153 &Ouml;<BR>alt 154 &Uuml;<BR>You must type on the numeric pad.<BR>French letters are there too.<BR>alt 130 makes &eacute;<BR>I don't use them, so I don't know them.<BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Bob Brown

OOPs lets try<BR>&euro;<BR>not @

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Umm

Umm, Bob, did you read the first post at all?<BR><BR>&amp;euro; = &euro;<BR><BR><BR>