President Hotel?

Dec 12th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Phyl

President Hotel?

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in London?

Dec 13th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Alec

Yes, in October. Its situation is excellent, literally round the corner down an alleyway from Russel Square tube (Piccadilly Line). It's a large hotel, about seven storey-high, opened in the 50's and has been renovated in the last few years. Rooms are typically smallish, but adequately equipped. Try not to get inside room at lower floors, as noise from kitchen and trade entrance can be intrusive. Breakfast's ok, buffet-style without vast selection. Popular with tour groups. When I was there, was less than half full.

Dec 13th, 2001, 05:45 AM
andrew

Phyl

I'm sure you'll like being in the Russell Square area. It's in the fashionable neighbourhood of Bloomsbury where Virginia Woolf the famous writer used to live - full of garden squares and smart Victorian houses. You are within easy walking distance of the British Museum and 20 minutes away from St Pauls Cathedral. Also if you want to save money there is a Safeways supermarket in the Brunswick Shopping Centre opposite Russell Square tube station where you can buy sandwiches for lunch

Some friends of mine from the US stayed in the hotel and found it to be very comfortable

Enjoy your stay in London
Andrew

Dec 14th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Phyl

Alex and Andrew,
Thank your for the information, we are slowly narrowing down choices.

Dec 15th, 2001, 12:21 AM
Rob

Try lastminute.com or expedia...you may get a much nicer hotel for the same price as the President. I have stayed there and it is a little drab. With tourism down a bit and it being off season you can get some really good deals. We live about an hour outside of London and go in for weekends quite often, lately we've been booking nice 4star places for about 50 - 70 pounds using the sites above.

Dec 15th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Phyl

Thanks Rob, I will check the site out.