Hotel for Family in Paris

Dec 14th, 2001, 08:17 PM
SSeeling

Hotel for Family in Paris

Iam travelling to Paris in end of May with my wife (fluent in French)and son (15) and daughter (9). Would prefer to stay in 6th, but have some flexibility. Any recommendations for hotels that would accommodate our family of 4 without totally breaking the bank?

Dec 15th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Alice

I did a search and the results yielded 3 well-known recommendations: La Bourdannais, Palais du Bourbon, and Grands Hotel de Balcons. Here is the text:
Author: Donna ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2001, 01:14 pm Message: My husband and I will be visiting Paris for the first time in early June. While I am no expert on Paris hotels yet, I read on this site that the Bourdonnais hotel in the 7th arrondisement can accommodate your family. It should be right in your budget, too. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Author: Donna ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2001, 01:18 pm Message: Sorry for the second posting, but here is a link that gives some details on the Bourdonnais.
http://www.pariserve.com/bourdonnais/english.htm

Author: Sue ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2001, 01:57 pm Message: I'm so frustrated because I have tried a search to help you out, to no avail. There have been several threads on the forum about this, but I do remember in particular someone mentioning the Hotel du Palais Bourbon as being family-friendly. The following was posted by a woman who writes a guide book, but it does give particulars.
"PALAIS BOURBON: 49, rue Bourgogne. Tel: 0144113070. Fax: 0145552021. Website: http://www.globe-market-com/ E-mail: [email protected] (32 rms., 25 w/toilet & bath or shower.) 495F/75EUR single; 625F/95EUR double; 740F/113EUR triple; 800F/122EUR quad. Air-conditioned (50% of the rms.). Breakfast (7:15-10am) at 22F pp. (I recommend you take it because it is so cheap.) Visa, MC. English spoken (Thierry), cable TV w/CNN, wonderful old country-style warm 2-bldg. hotel w/simply & individually furnished bright nice-size to large rms., modern large bathrooms, high ceilings, wooden flrs., most of the rooms are large enough for extra twin beds for triple or quads, #2 (king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & a/c) at 625F for a double; #4 (large rm w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds) at 625F; #1 (very large rm. w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & faces back) at 625F for a double; #26 (large attic 2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, a/c, minibar & sitting area) at 800F for a family; 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 19, 21, 24 (attic rm.), 25 (attic rm.) & 27 (attic rm.)are large rms. w/king-size beds or 2 twin beds at 625F for a double; 20 rms. w/minibars & hair driers, soundproofed, great breakfast rms., elevator, 5 flrs. Owned/managed by Mr. Thierry Claudon. Mr. Claudon tries very hard to be reserved but he is wonderful & cuddly like a teddy bear. He doesn t like rude people on the phone and will tell you he is full if you are not pleasant. That would be a shame because this is a great hotel. Mitro: Varenne."
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...aisbourbon.htm
Maybe the search engine will work later--there are lots of posts on Palais Bourbon, #26 sounds ideal. You could also check out citadine apart'hotels (www.citadines.com).

Author: WJH ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2001, 02:57 pm Message: We stayed at the Palais du Bourbon in the 7th in October 00 with our kids (6 & 11). We had a large room with a king bed, minibar, TV, large bathroom and a small adjoining room with 2 twin beds. We took breakfast every morning downstairs in the breakfast room. It was great and we paid around 820FF including taxes. The location was convenient, our rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We would stay there again.

Author: carol ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2001, 03:06 pm Message: We just got back from staying at the Grands Hotel des Balcons. We had a large room with four beds. It was quiet, pleasant, near Odeon metro in the 6th, and we loved the big breakfast. If you do a search, you'll find many raves about it on this site. We were very comfortable there as a family of 4.

Dec 15th, 2001, 09:11 AM
BTilke

I have stayed in the Bourdonnais a few times and it does have some advantages for a family--BUT there are few caveats. 1) you must reserve a street view room. The rooms in the back can be small, dark, noisy and stuffy. Make sure you get a confirmation that you have a street view room, and 2) the room decor definitely needs refreshing. Things are decorated in bland shades of tan, brown and green--not very inspiring. However, many of the street view rooms have views of the Eiffel Tower.
Note, the Bourdonnais is in the 7th, not the 6th. Although I had no complaints about my last stay there, I wouldn't stay there again until they redecorated. And I now prefer the 16th anyway, the Hotel du Bois in particular.

Dec 15th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Donna

I believe the Regents on rue Madame in the 6th has a 2 level room that can fit a family of 4--room runs about 900FF. Regents was in the Natl Geographic list of Great Cheap Paris hotels.

Dec 15th, 2001, 10:19 AM
pj

We are staying at Hotel Danube in March. There are 4 of us, 2 bedrooms 200 usd a night.Awesome location!

Dec 15th, 2001, 11:08 AM
c

We have stayed at the Danube and it is very charming, great location,very affordable.Friends of ours travel to Paris at least twice a year, often taking their 3 daughters.They always stay near the Luxembourg Gardens , one of the hotels they really like is Le Clos Medicis on Monsieur le Prince. I believe the rooms are on the larger side, and it is reasonably priced.Also on the same street is the Hotel Saint-Paul.This is a favorite of a couple of people I know, last time we could not get a reservation when we tried, so if you check into it and like it, book it quickly~They have a duplex that is good for families, ask for a room/rooms in the back, they overlook the gardens.Have a wonderful time~C

Dec 15th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Surlok

So does Hotel D'Aubusson, but it might cause you to break the bank, as probably would the Residence des Arts.

Hotel Madison has family suites, also, and I believe the Relais St. Germain does, too. Another (less expensive)alternative is Hotel Dauphine, they have family rooms.

In the Marais, Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc has big family rooms at very reasonable rates, should you consider the Marais as an alternative location.

Citadines Apar hotel has one building in Montparnasse, if I'm not wrong.

Regards,

S