Reload this Page >

Prepayed Phone card

Search

Prepayed Phone card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 10:49 AM
Debi

Prepayed Phone card

My teenage son will be spending a week in England at a soccer camp, and it was suggested to send him with prepayed phone cards. Where can I purchase those usable in England? He will be traveling directly from the airport to camp, and will have very limited time to make purchases when he arrives. We can change dollars to pounds here in the States, but are puzzled about the phone cards. Thanks in advanced.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:57 AM
Annie

Did you check with the camp? They may even have prepaid card available.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 01:30 PM
aaa

Costco has great phone cards. <BR>Usable in England and very easy. <BR>Its the sprint card -cost about 25.00. You get 480 minutes domestic. I am not sure how much international. I used mine about 5 times to the states and had over 300 minutes left when I returned.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Debi

WIll any prepay purchased in the States work? I usually buy at Walmart. Do I just follow the directions on the back? Thanks!

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 04:35 AM
Joel

<BR>He can buy prepaid cards - called Phonecards - when he gets here. They're available at almost all newsagents - including the airport bookshops - and post offices here in the UK. <BR> <BR>They can be bought in £5 and £10 increments. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 06:52 AM
John

I bought at Walmart a prepaid phone card issued by AT&T. Only can be used in US.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Harriett

Before my son left for Ireland last week, I looked everywhere for a prepaid phone card - including AAA - that he could use to call home, to no avail, so told him to buy one there. The one he bought cost 5 IP, and he's already used it lots, with a lot of time left over. One trick we're using, though, is that I arranged with ATT for 32cents per minute to call from here to there, so when he calls from a payphone, he gives me the number and I call him back, saving some of his time. He may need to buy another card before he comes home - he's there 4 more weeks - because he seems to find it exotic to make international calls, but he didn't seem to find the cost of the card unreasonable. And I'm sure that's cheaper than using your home calling card!

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 06:13 PM
gpotvin

We have used the ATT cards from Sam's Club. You need the country code, some are on the package, but all are available at ATT website. <BR> <BR>Cards purchased overseas also work well once you figure them out. Each country has its own special applications.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 09:35 PM
lcuy

we've used the costco card in Japan, England & the rest of Europe, and Australia. It has international numbers and they've all worked so far! I think it uses 5 minutes or was it 3 for each minute of international, but 480 is a lot of minutes! You can recharge it with a credit card too.