Prepaid calling card?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 04:04 PM
gunth

Prepaid calling card?

I need to purchase a prepaid telephone calling card for a trip to Europe. I will be calling back to the U.S. from Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria. I've heard some things about a card from Cosco but I'm not a member. Help!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Kathy

Don't panic. I don't know about Cosco, but we purchased our card at the airport when we landed in Ireland. The card was good from any country, to any country. It came in many demoninations and was really easy to use. So if you can't find one here, look wherever you're landing. They appear to be pretty common.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Mara

The card I got from Costco - an MCI card - was supposed to work in Europe - came with a list of access numbers for various countries plus I called customer service to verify everything. Guess what, it didn't work in London - who knows why? You're probably better with local cards in each country.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Deb

www.prepaidcall.net has a number of cards. I had a hard time figuring out what I needed since they have so many so I sent them an e-mail on their site and directed me the right way.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Ellie

My son is travelling in Europe and he is using the AT&T international travel card. There are no minutes to deal with and the charges appear on our monthly phone bill. We pay about 13 cents a minute from London. We have been very pleased with this card.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:40 PM
jeri

Heard the card from Cosco is the best on the Clark Howard show, but haven't tried it yet. Does Walmart have one?