Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Preferred route for a daytrip from Ronda to Arcos de la Frontera
Notices

Preferred route for a daytrip from Ronda to Arcos de la Frontera

Apr 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Preferred route for a daytrip from Ronda to Arcos de la Frontera

Hi,
We are renting a car in Granada to drive to Arcos and enjoy the white hill towns in one day. Which route would you recommend:
A) Ronda to Grazalema then up to Zahara and back to Grazalema (and A372 to Arcos)
B) Ronda to Grazalema then up to Zahara through the pass then on to A384 through Villamartin ,
or
C) Ronda to Algonadales (A374)and then up over the pass to Zahara and on to Grazelema and continue on A372 through Benahome to Arcos
OR
would you recommend something else for a one day drive?
Thanks
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Click on my name and look for my report "Pueblos Blancos Trip". Besides, I been around last month and I'll add:
The road from Grazalema to Zahara is narrow and very winding; and it is downwards in this direction (Grazalema down to Zahara). I do not recommend doing it Zahara to Grazalema.
I recommend Ronda to Arcos, then back to El Bosque, Benamahoma and Grazalema (you pass the detour to Zahara on the left). Then you drive back this route to the crossing and head downwards to Zahara. Viewing this town from the road on the dam in the late evening sun is the best image (you have to skip the town, but you can go back afterwards). The reservoir is full.

Search this Thread