Prague Private Driver / Jay Pesta

Jan 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Prague Private Driver / Jay Pesta

We are looking for a private driver / guide in Prague - Budapest & Vienna. Has anyone used Prague Private Driver / Jay Pesta ? Any suggestions ? Thanks
Jan 5th, 2011, 07:08 AM

A couple of years ago when in Prague we did a tour with a private driver in an old touring car. These cars gather up by the castle or in front of the St. Nicholas Church. If you were to go to one of those spots in the morning, you could probably make a deal with one of the drivers. Also, you can check with the front desk or concierge at your hotel - ahead of time by email perhaps - and they will be able to connect you with someone. We enjoyed our tour, it was with an ged hippy type driver.
Jan 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Based on recommendations here http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-transfers.cfm and Tripadvisor we will use http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com/ for our transfer in Prague and they will also drive us to Vienna. I don't think they actually do guided trips though.
Jan 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Check www.mike-chauffeur.cz
We used this service a couple of times and were very pleased.
You will probably get positive reviews from other Fodorites also.
He was also recommended by Rick Steves.
Jan 10th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your replys
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:46 AM

I used Mike's service in September to drive me & a girlfriend to Cesky Krumlov one day and then pick us up the next day and take us to Salzburg. One day it was his wife and the next day his uncle and both were very professional and I would definitely use him again when in the area.
Bama
Jan 24th, 2011, 04:01 AM

I also used Mike and his services were great - he was professional, on time and knew where he was going. He picked us up in Vienna drove us to Cesky Krumlov where we spend about five hours exploring and having a leisurely lunch and then drove us to Prague. I would recommend him highly. I also recommed Cesky Krumlov highly as well.
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:37 AM

One more vote for Mike's services. We used him last June. His uncle picked us up in Budapest, and drove us to Prague. Along the way, we stopped for a few hours in Bratislava, Slovakia. At the end of our Prague stay, Mike drove us to Salzburg, with a stop in Cesky Krumlov. We also used his services for a day trip to Tezerin.

Mike and his uncle, Jan, were the utmost professionals. They were on time, the vehicles were in excellent condition, and, above all, they were both courteous, warm individuals. I highly recommend Mike.
Jan 24th, 2011, 06:59 AM

I also used Mike in Prague and was very pleased with his service. I think he only offers transport services and not guide services but his web site states that he can arrange for a guide.