Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague-Pension Pav, Hotel Julian, Hotel Cerna Liska?

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Deborah

After reading through the posts on hotels in Prague I was ready to go for The Cloister Inn but it is up to $100 for a single. I am wondering if any has ever stayed in one of these. I am interested in a hotel in safe area(I read that Wenceslas Square is getting a little seedy) that is around $70 per night for a single. Thanks for your input.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:13 AM
don

You might check out also the Hotel Bonaparte, and The City Inn, and Hotel Katerina 16 ( not sure of the name, but it has the number 16 in it) All appear to be nice and reasonably priced. there is also a B&B called Dom U velky Boty right in the middle of Male Strana.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Paige

I didn't stay at the Hotel Julian but I walked past it and thought it looked nice. If I go back, I'd give it a shot.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:41 PM
Lisa

Deborah,
I would pick Cerna Liska,mostly because of location. The others are just a bit too far from the main sites, I think.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:03 AM
Deborah

Thanks to all for your input, I will check them all out. Lisa, did you actually stay at Cerna Liska? Did you think it was in a safe area for a woman traveling alone?

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:31 AM
don

I forgot to mention, a friend of mine stayed at the Hotel U Krize, and liked it very much, it may be in your budget, and is classier than the other ones I mentioned before, and centrally located.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:42 AM
Lisa

Deborah,
No, I have not stayed there myself. I am a single woman traveling on my own for the first time to Prague/Vienna this April. I have done a LOT of reasearch regarding hotels in Prague, my main concern being safety, especially at night. Cerna Liska was one that I considered, but was a bit over my budget. I will be staying at "Dum U Krale Jiriho". I am paying 2200CZK for a double(top floor room with exposed beam ceiling), the location is great, too.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:24 AM
Lisa

Deborah,
I thought you might like to check out the hotel I picked:

http://www.abaka.com/Czech/UKraleJiriho/