COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Texas Fodorites Gather in Austin

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 06:04 PM
pam

Texas Fodorites Gather in Austin

Fodorites traveled from far and wide to attend the First Occasional Texas Fodorite Gathering, held Saturday at the Waterloo Brewing Company in downtown Austin. Seriously, ten of us met on Saturday: four from Dallas, four from Houston, and two Austinites. Thanks to Sandy, Beri, Vicky, Liz, Kay, Bruce, Janis, Gary and Tom for making the trip, tolerating all the road construction in Austin, and for making the afternoon such fun. We shared photo albums from past trips, discussion about future ones, and a lot of other great conversation. I'm looking forward to the next one. (They may all be in central TX somewhere, since the Dallas contingent were heard to say, 'Just don't make me go to Houston,' while the Houston delegation were saying, 'Just don't make me go to Dallas.') And a happy coincidence that just dawned on me: the Waterloo had ten brews to choose from--one for each of us who showed up! That could be a hard act to follow, especially if the gathering is larger next time--which I hope it will be. Visit http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/pfp3 to see some pix from the gathering.

Pam

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Art

I'm glad that you had a good time meeting each other. We had a great one last November and are planning our next one in late September.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 10:56 PM
Pam

Hi Art -
Do you have any photos from your last get together to share with all of us?

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:45 AM
s.fowler

Glad you had a great time! I, alas, missed the last Chicago gathering [Although I *did* go to Cafe Iberico the next weekend with the spousal unit.]

I would LOVE to get some pictures of these gatherings for the unofficial fodorite site I've been maintaining at: http://it.uwp.edu/fowler/fodor.htm

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:05 AM
Judy

Thanks Pam for posting the pics. You looked like you were having a great time! S. Fowler: I liked your pics too, in fact I love the idea! I always wanted to put faces with names on this forum! That is my fondest wish!!! Thanks to both of you! Judy

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Ann

This is great! I hated not being able to make the Texas meeting and was wondering how it went... it's nice to see some of the people I've corresponded with, and I do hope you'll get together again.