Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague One Week Itinerary What Do You Think?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I am going to Prague 30th March till the 6th April and have already got my itinerary sorted, I am a frequent user of tripadvisor and already have had some great help and info from there but I also like this site for info as it seems to be two completely different communities. Anyway here it is, (nothing is 100% set in stone yet and looking to maybe add a few extra 'back up' things in)

Friday 29th March: Leave Nottingham at 11.25 via coach, arrive Heathrow 2.30am sit around until ready to check in bag and go through to departures (flight leaves at 7.15am)

Saturday 30th March: Arrive Prague at 10.15am, drop bag at hostel (Prague Sqaure Hostel, situated Melantichova) Explore local area; Old town sqaure + Hall + Clock + Tower, Charles Bridge + Bridge Tower, Wax Museum, Find the Narrowest Street In Prague. (Left this day quite short as don't know how I will be feeling after the long journey, but may add something else into the early evening)

Sunday 31st March: Museum of Miniatures, Medieval Torture Museum, Vytopna Railway Restaurant for lunch, World War II In Prague Tour (2pm approx.2.5hr), Sex Machines Museum, Marionette Theartre in the evening

Monday 1st April: Terezin Day Tour (9am, approx. 5hrs), Gastronomy Museum, Image Thearte in the evening.

Tuesday 2nd April: Langweil's Model of Prague, Ghost Museum, Easter Markets if time, Petrin Hill + Funicular Railway, Ghost Walking Tour at Night.

Wednesday 3rd April: Jewish Walking Tour (10am, approx 2hr30min), Prague Zoo, Globe Bookstore and a few other shops if still open, River Cruise (7pm)

Thursday 4th April: Kralovstvi Zeleznic, Chocolate Museum, Marionety Truhlar (if time), Kutna Hora day tour (1pm, approx.5hrs) TV Tower followed by Folklore venue

Friday 5th April:Cesky Krumlov Day Trip incl. castle, marionette museum, torture museum, fairytale house, souvenir shopping, stroll around the back streets. Planning on getting the 7am bus from Prague and getting the 5pm bus back giving me 6.5 hours in Cesky, or the later 9pm bus back if I find other things to do.

Saturday 6th Aprilrague Castle incl Toy Museum, Golden Lane and changing of the gaurds ect, hoping to get here for around 9.30am and be finished here for 1pm then any shopping I've missed and shops I want to go to like pylones, bata shoes ect I will have approx 4 hours for shopping until I have to leave around 5pm for Prague airport for my departure flight back to UK at 19.40.

I know there's alot there but I am pretty fast paced and find I don't really stay in one place for long, for example a museum where somebody could possibly stay an hour I'd stay around 20mins, it's just how I am.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Took a walking ghost tour at night and it was crap - some stories, walking around and a beer but really just a tourist trap.

The Communism Museum is interesting and a guided walk through Prague would be good too.

Really a ton of museums on your list and there's definitely a diminishing return on the value of these when you go to more and more of them for information on fewer and fewer things. As a grown woman traveling alone, I'm curious as to your reason for seeing a toy train museum.

Guessing the Old-New Synagogue and the Old Jewish Cemetery are included in the Jewish Walking Tour; if not, you should visit them.

Terezin may take more than 5 hours total if the tour is comprehensive because it takes an hour to get there.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks and it isn't a ghost 'walking' tour as such it's a ghost tour of Prague castle at night after dark and I'm interested in things like that.

And as a grown woman I am only 18 years old, I am not visiting a toy train museum if you are on about Kralovstvi Zeleznic it is a miniature moving town I went to somewhere similiar in Berlin which was also full of adults, I just like quirky things like that.
Yes the Jewish Walking tour covers the whole of the Jewish Museum and Jewish Neighborhood.
The Terezin tour I think stated an approx time of 5-5.5 hours, I think it was a similiar lenght as when I visited Sachsenhausen in Berlin, but if it's longer then that will be better.
Thanks for the advice, I think we do have completely different interests though.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:22 AM

Hi Kayleigh.

Personally I would recommend an overnight stay in Cesky Krumlov. It's quite a trip down and once you are there I think you will want to stay the night to soak up the atmosphere. It's a wonderful town. As long as it's not Easter weekend you would be fine just turning up and looking for a place to stay on the ground as there are many options.

You can travel there by bus but I recommend the train.

Hope it helps!

Neville

---------------------------------------------------------------
Get trained up to teach English with ITTP TEFL Prague / Online!