Prague in october?

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Vanessa

Prague in october?

I was wondering what the weather is like in Prague during october and if anyone has any info on their visit to this city i've heard is absolutely fantastic. Thank you!

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:02 PM
sandi

I was in Prague for a few days late Oct. '99 and the weather was wonderful. It was a little windy but the trees were turning and it was cool enough to keep a sweater tied around your waist if it got cloudy or into the evening. I'm assuming that was normal weather for that time of year. You will want to do a search on this forum and will get lots more information that has already been posted. It is a beutiful, magical city and you'll fall in love with it.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 03:23 PM
Linda

We were there at the beginning of November and it was 45-50 degrees & sunny (except 1 night of rain). If you need a pace to stay, try AVE Accommodations at www.avetravel.cz for a good listing of hotels/penzions in all price ranges. Be sure to see the Charles Bridge at night!! very romantic.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 06:41 PM
deepa

Our first visit to Prague was in October 1998. It was cold and very cloudy but didn't rain even once in the four days we were there. It added a certain mysterious magical kind of aura that befits Prague well. I remember we were wearing warm jackets and mufflers, even warm caps. I envy you, we absolutely loved Prague. Enjoy!

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Hyalker

Hello Vanessa: I recently lived part-time in Prague (40% over the last two years). It is truly fantastic, with almost a fantasy-like aura to it. The weather in October can be cool as noted but with fall weather certain places like Vysehrad (the sister to the Prague Castle) are great places to wander through with more trees, etc. I would do searches on Prague on this site for more info but if you want or are looking for something specific, bars, restaurants, places to see in and around, you can e-mail me directly. There's probably more than enough here if you use the search. Happy Travels